Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 05:11 PM

Default too passive?

Big blind is 22/9/1.9
MP2 is 17/6/1.5

I considered folding the river, am I nuts?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: lil feller is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, lil feller calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, lil feller calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
lil feller checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">lil feller raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, CO folds, lil feller calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
lil feller checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, lil feller calls.

River: (15.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
lil feller checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, lil feller calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

all comments appreciated,

lf
Old 11-30-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: too passive?

Interesting hand. If you assume that the BB will play AK,AA,QQ the same way preflop+flop, you are a 2-1 favorite to have the best hand on the turn, I wouldnt worry too much about the MP2 guy since it looks to me that he is on a flushdraw given the way he played the flop and turn. So I think checkraising this turn is right move. If you are 3 bet I would call down.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you assume that the BB will play AK,AA,QQ the same way preflop+flop, you are a 2-1 favorite to have the best hand on the turn, I wouldnt worry too much about the MP2 guy since it looks to me that he is on a flushdraw given the way he played the flop and turn. So I think checkraising this turn is right move. If you are 3 bet I would call down.

[/ QUOTE ]
note that a full might be more like;y to go for the checkraise on fourth, so i would def put him on a likely AK here.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:25 PM

MP2 almost certainly does not have a set. It looks clearly like an F-it-cap with a flush draw or 2-pair likewise. I think I would win/lose more money by popping it on the turn with a CR (or lead out if I'm feeling wimpy). The river sucks.

- Jim
Old 11-30-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting hand. If you assume that the BB will play AK,AA,QQ the same way preflop+flop, you are a 2-1 favorite to have the best hand on the turn, I wouldnt worry too much about the MP2 guy since it looks to me that he is on a flushdraw given the way he played the flop and turn. So I think checkraising this turn is right move. If you are 3 bet I would call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't worried at all about MP2, it was the BB that concerned me. How does my edge change if you add AQ to the mix, i'm on my way out but I'll try to pokerstove it later.

thanks,

lf
Old 11-30-2005, 05:45 PM

I'd like numbers on the CO, because, in my opinion, three-betting pre-flop should at least be considered. Your hand does not play that well out of position in a three or four way pot, but there is certainly enough in the pot already to make this hand worth fighting for...
Old 11-30-2005, 05:58 PM

flawless brings up an interesting point about the turn but I still dont think this is a CR. Villain has AQ,AA,QQ more than AK. I like the hand.

Ps. If villain wont 3-bet AQ out of the BB you should CR on the turn.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:59 PM

I think you should stop the action on the turn. And I would usually have just bet there in order to prevent MP2 from taking a free river.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:35 PM

C/O was 46/16. I thought about 3betting preflop, but was pretty sure MP2 was coming regardless. My initial plan was to call and see the flop, and then c/r or c/f the CO depending on how I liked it.

lf
Old 11-30-2005, 11:37 PM

I'm confused. What do you mean by 'stop the action'? I wasn't worried about MP2 getting a free river, there's no way the turn wasn't going to get bet. I hated the turn card, there wasn't much I was beating after that card paired.

lf