Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 06:28 PM

Default A couple of limit hands

Bike $255 LIMIT

Hand 1: Down to 2 tables. I have 19chips left. Blinds 1/2. A somewhat shortstack who may or may not have me covered raises in the CO. I fold A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Hand 2: Folded to SB who has exactly 4SBs. I have exactly 6. He raises my BB, I have 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I raise, he raises, I call his AI.

Hand 3: I have K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and about 50 chips. CO who is getting drunk, but hasn't shown anything out of line raises. I 3-bet. (7handed)

Hand 4:I have 27 chips. 2/3 blinds. I raise K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG+1 8handed.

Hand 5: I have J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and 30 chips. 2/3 blinds. In the CO. I raise, Button calls, Wild and crazy SB calls. KK7 flop. Wild and crazy SB bets. I fold.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: A couple of limit hands

I know nothing about limit. I like everyhand but 4, which i fold preflop.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:48 PM

I also don't care for hand 4 as you're going to be putting in a hefty percentage of your chips if someone behind you 3-bets. Unless you are looking at this as simply a 72o steal-hand and you simply fold to a pre-flop re-raise. For obvious meta-game and general poker reasons, it is less than ideal to fold for one small bet getting 6.5:1.

If you're on the button and your image is reasonable, I like hand 3 since you may have the best hand, may make the best hand or may bet him out w/o having to make the best hand. Generally, good aggressive play with a nice hand for blind steal poker.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:50 PM

Limit tourneys are fun and juicy.

#1: What position are you?

#2: Good.

#3: Position? If button or SB, I like.

#4: meh.

#5: Good.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:30 PM

Where were you for hand#1?
On the button, I like the fold. Survival has significant value here, I think a call would be +CEV but -$EV.

I dont really like the KT hand, I would much rather raise with any 2 from mid-late position. Rest looked good to me.

How did you finish?
Old 11-29-2005, 08:21 PM

sorry, hands 1 and 3 were both on the button.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:26 PM

The issue in hand 2, (55 in BB) is this: I know he doesn't expect me to fold, and he does have a reasonable hand here. With 55 and only 6SB, is there any value in just calling and folding a flop like QJ9 (which happens to be the exact flop I saw) and thereby saving half my stack.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:34 PM

I was unhappy with the KTo hand as well. Was pretty sure that one was a mistake, nice to know you all agree.

I ended up 13th of 150. Lost the 55 hand and then the next hand have KTs and 6 chips (2/3 blinds). Pretty much NE2 situation anyway, but nice when folded to the button. He raises AJo and I don't improve. Another blah finish. 2 different people came up and told me that I had tells. Only problem is that they were both wrong. I always find that amusing. One guy thought I smile when I'm bluffing. Only I smile all the time, and I rarely bluff, so take that for what it is worth. Another guy said mysteriously, "Yeah, I knew you had a good hand. You do something when you have a good hand. I...shouldn't tell you what it is." Ironically, this after he 3-bet me PF saying, "OK. Let's gamble." Which told me much more about his hand and allowed me to "safely" fold 6h8h on a AdTd5h board. He had AKs.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing about limit. I like everyhand but 4, which i fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The PF game is very similiar to NL. Major differences are, 1) you may blind steal PF, but you'll never resteal (but you will set up a resteal) 2) You'll rarely avoid seeing 4th street if you see a flop. 3) After flop position is more important, IMO than in NL.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The issue in hand 2, (55 in BB) is this: I know he doesn't expect me to fold, and he does have a reasonable hand here. With 55 and only 6SB, is there any value in just calling and folding a flop like QJ9 (which happens to be the exact flop I saw) and thereby saving half my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

You used the same thought process on a hand towards the end of a WCOOP event where you went far. You folded your BB, for similar rational. The thing is, if he knows you arent calling, he still should be raising a HUGE range here. If I am SB I am thrilled to play just about any hand heads up against a random hand. There is a specific equilibrium for his bet and your call here (assuming you both are going to show down). If your interested I will work it out tonight, you know b/c I cut my game theory class, its the least I could do. Just post an apx of stacks, and payouts.