Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-22-2005, 10:54 AM

Default 2-4 NL Semi Deep Stacks , How much?

No converter love

UB 2-4NL Effective stacks 600

Hero is in the BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

MP raises to 12 CO reraises to 25

Hero Re-reraises to 70 3 callers

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot 212)

Whats the plan now?
Some backround. I have been running real hot. I have stacked 3 people in about 10 minutes on ridicoulous cards. People see me as a wild lag. While really im just on a rush.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Re: 2-4 NL Semi Deep Stacks , How much?

[ QUOTE ]
No converter love

Hero is in the BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot 212)

Whats the plan now?
Some backround. I have been running real hot. I have stacked 3 people in about 10 minutes on ridicoulous cards. People see me as a wild lag. While really im just on a rush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I bet 150. For me, if I check in this spot it is going to look very suspicious.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:01 AM

Bet 150-200, call raise and probably bet turn if raised, maybe check it to him if he just calls
Old 11-22-2005, 11:04 AM

If 3 people called, there ought to be at least $280 in the pot. Did you mean 3 to the flop total (including yourself)? Assuming you and 2 others see the flop, I bet $140, then with one caller there's $590 in the pot with ~$400 behind and its easy to get the rest in on the turn and river.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:06 AM

3 to the flop including me sorry for the misinterpretation (i probably spelled that wrong you know what i mean)
Old 11-22-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No converter love

Whats the plan now?

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be a great place to bet the flop and check raise the turn against the right opponent(s). As a session progresses, I notice players more and more just calling my flop bets in position and waiting to see if I bet again on the turn. Of course, when I check they assume--usually corrrectly--that I was making a continuation bet on the flop. A check here may induce a bet from a large range of hands.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:09 PM

bet like 1/2 pot on the flop

if there are still 2 people on the turn go for the installment plan and bet half their stacks now and the rest on the river

if theres only one on the turn, go for a check-raise, or depending on his bet size, check-call, bet river (if his turn bet doesnt commit him)
Old 11-22-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if there are still 2 people on the turn go for the installment plan and bet half their stacks now and the rest on the river

if theres only one on the turn, go for a check-raise, or depending on his bet size, check-call, bet river (if his turn bet doesnt commit him)

[/ QUOTE ]

How often and what types of hands do you guys bet 1/2 the pot on the flop with?

I rarely make bets this size (on the flop), but recognize a lot of posters make these size bets routinely. I typically bet 2/3 pot to full pot depending on how draw heavy the board is and what my opponents range of hands is.

Surely we can't make 1/2 size bets only with the nuts and close to it, so how do you mix it up?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:23 PM

good question id like the answer to,, i tend to bet pot or close to it usually depending on my style a give day.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$210 in the pot on the flop with $530 behind and you want him to bet $105? This leaves him with $425 behind in a $420 pot on the turn (assuming 1 caller which I think is far more likely than 2-- with 2 callers, it easily all goes in on the turn no matter what gets bet on the flop).

Then you want him to checkraise the turn? If the turn gets checked through, it'll be real hard to get a PSB AI called on the river. Betting a little more on the flop makes it way easier to get the money in without requiring the villain to bet it for us.