Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-21-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Mini Step 5 Bubble: AKs facing an all-in

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to play this hand. Seems like there's no reason not to stop and go here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop and Go was a consideration. I didn't think I would have any more FE after the flop than I did pre-flop (which was just about 0). There would have been too much in the pot for anything to fold.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:40 PM

This is a very easy call against most opponents, at least in most games.

The only opponents I would fold against were people who would pretty much only make that raise with QQ+. And there are a fair amount of people like that and they aren't hard to spot.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to play this hand. Seems like there's no reason not to stop and go here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop and Go was a consideration. I didn't think I would have any more FE after the flop than I did pre-flop (which was just about 0). There would have been too much in the pot for anything to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a point I've been trying to make for a while now. If you have no FE preflop, a stop and go can't be worse than a preflop push, so it's either +EV or neutral. I don't know why you guys seem to think it's legit to say "It probably won't work, so why do it." If it works one time in 100, you've earned yourself a little money with basically no effort.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:48 PM

This is just one factor, but almost all the times the stop-n-go will work, you will have been very far ahead on the flop, so his post flop fold won't be worth much, if anything, to you.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is just one factor, but almost all the times the stop-n-go will work, you will have been very far ahead on the flop, so his post flop fold won't be worth much, if anything, to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Stop-n-go tends to work when villain is scared by overcards. Any flop that scares villain here more than likely hit your hand. I think you want all your chips in pre-flop here. Villain raising 1/3 of his stack is suspicious, but I don't think you can put him on a tight enough range to justify a fold.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:59 PM

IMHO, you have to push. I don't think a stop 'n go would work here. You'd be laying 4 to 1 on your post-flop push, Villain has to be a TOTAL moran for that to work.

This is the bubble, but it's different from your usual SnG bubble, 5th place gets 1/2 a BI. I don't think you can count on having a better spot than this to double up.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:52 PM

I was sure this is a push. But the SNGPT analysis makes sense. Only if villain raises with AJo (or worse) is this a push.
My minstep experience = 0 so I don't know if villain would raise with this. Anyone?
(Maybe he would if he figures Hero to be over tight waiting for shortie to bust out.)
Old 11-21-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is a point I've been trying to make for a while now. If you have no FE preflop, a stop and go can't be worse than a preflop push, so it's either +EV or neutral. I don't know why you guys seem to think it's legit to say "It probably won't work, so why do it." If it works one time in 100, you've earned yourself a little money with basically no effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your logic. I would have estimated my FE to be greater pre-flop because of the Villain's bet-size. It said to me "I have a good hand that I am willing to take up against shorty, but I really don't want to risk it against the rest of you." By pushing, my answer would have said, "I have a premium hand, call if you want to risk your tournament here."

I think it would be more difficult to call the re-raise in that situation than to call my remaining chips into the pot on the flop IF he missed. I understand that the numbers are identical, I just felt I had more FE pre-flop.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:54 PM

Good lord...this is the situation you were talking about last night? Yeah I think you definitely gotta play this hand. I imagine *even* Lori would, [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 11-21-2005, 02:59 PM

No the situation I was talking about last night involved a naked 34-year old woman on the floor of my living room.

P.S.
Don't ask Bones for help with body disposal, he's no help.