Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Pat Hill

My attention to college football has waned in the past few years, so I'm a bit out of touch, and I'm hoping someone can give me the lowdown.

Why is Pat Hill still in Fresno? He should be at Nebraska, or Illinois, or some SEC school or something by now, shouldn't he?

Has he had offers over the years? Does he have skeletons in his closet? He seems like a complete badass who always gets the most out of the least. What's the deal?
Old 11-20-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Pat Hill

Not sure how to put this, but it's probably because of his image and the fact that he doesn't care about it. Funny thing is he hasn't had any of the big schools coming after him. I think the biggest rumor was Kansas because our old AD went there. I honestly think it's because he doesn't fit the mold of a typical big school football coach. Also, he is extemely dedicated to advancing the Fresno St. program. He does a lot of fundraising around here (more than other coaches) and wants to take us to the next level. IMO, if a Nebraska or Illinois came after him, it would be an extemely tough decision for him.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:56 AM

Thanks for the info.

The only thing I could imagine was that he had a bad record WRT academics or something?

He's definitely an outlaw type. Maybe Al Davis should hire him. That would be a great fit.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly think it's because he doesn't fit the mold of a typical big school football coach. Also, he is extemely dedicated to advancing the Fresno St. program.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-20-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info.

The only thing I could imagine was that he had a bad record WRT academics or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, during his era, Fresno has improved to one of the top schools in the nation in graduation rates and GPA.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:26 PM

Plus he'll play anybody in America. I think he'd play the Indianapolis Colts if they would agree to take him on.

More on Fresno State at this awesome page.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:36 PM

Sorry for the thread hijack, but what does the green V stand for on the back of their helmets? Seems a little out of place.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the thread hijack, but what does the green V stand for on the back of their helmets? Seems a little out of place.

[/ QUOTE ]

To continue the thread hijack, I think Pat Hill has the best facial hair in all of college football, and perhaps all of football at large. I was convinced that was what this thread was going to be about; in a perfect world, it would have been.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:10 PM

The Meaning of the V

Its a pretty big deal in the Central Valley...it seems like theyre on the back of every car in the area
Old 11-21-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To continue the thread hijack, I think Pat Hill has the best facial hair in all of college football, and perhaps all of football at large. I was convinced that was what this thread was going to be about; in a perfect world, it would have been.

[/ QUOTE ]