Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: 5/5 NL, Deep Stacks: whose ball.... boat is bigger?

I put him on 1010 and CALL.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:02 PM

sigh...some ppl need to fix their sarcasm detectors.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:04 PM

definitely not 99, i think 10-10 or a-7, a must call.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure this tight player raised preflop with T7, raised your flop lead with middle pair cuz he thought you were fos, then turned a bigger 2pr and filled up on the river just as you boated up too. sucks getting cold-decked, dude.

or he has the case two 9s. or he 2-outed you (well, 5-outed you) on the turn with TT.

in any event it's def one of those 3. you only have the 4th nuts. sometimes with live hands you can just tell. easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice post. well said.

don't listen to the haters mike, sometimes internet players just don't know sh*t about how to get a good read.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i'm pretty sure a guy w/ a-7, 5-5 would look very different from a guy w/ 10-10 live. i bet your sunglasses also have uv protection so you can rip into your opponent's soul and stare the 10-10 outta him.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
give him 500$ more

[/ QUOTE ]
VNH sir.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:02 PM

Default RESULTS and follow up ???s

I thought about it for about 15 seconds and called. He proudly fliped over 55, and was very pissed off that it took me that long to call with my 97.

My main question is this: did he not totally [censored] this one up? Even given my crazy image, I thought it was still horrible to push on that board with the bottom boat. What can I call with that doesnt' have him beat? JJ? Would you all push in his spot, too?

Kirk
Old 11-16-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: RESULTS and follow up ???s

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was still horrible to push on that board with the bottom boat. What can I call with that doesnt' have him beat? JJ? Would you all push in his spot, too?

[/ QUOTE ]

in my experience, people in games like this tend to forget that even "maniacs" need a stronger hand to call than to push. perhaps he thought you were live enough to have and also call w/trip sevens? no insult intended by that btw.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought about it for about 15 seconds and called. He proudly fliped over 55, and was very pissed off that it took me that long to call with my 97.

My main question is this: did he not totally [censored] this one up? Even given my crazy image, I thought it was still horrible to push on that board with the bottom boat. What can I call with that doesnt' have him beat? JJ? Would you all push in his spot, too?

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

i can tell you exactly what was going on in his mind at that moment

I HAVE A BOAT I HAVE A BOAT A BOAT A BOAT BOAT BOAT I HAVE PUSH BOAT PUSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 11-16-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

i can tell you exactly what was going on in his mind at that moment

I HAVE A BOAT I HAVE A BOAT A BOAT A BOAT BOAT BOAT I HAVE PUSH BOAT PUSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 11-16-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure this tight player raised preflop with T7, raised your flop lead with middle pair cuz he thought you were fos, then turned a bigger 2pr and filled up on the river just as you boated up too. sucks getting cold-decked, dude.

or he has the case two 9s. or he 2-outed you (well, 5-outed you) on the turn with TT.

in any event it's def one of those 3. you only have the 4th nuts. sometimes with live hands you can just tell. easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice post. well said.

don't listen to the haters mike, sometimes internet players just don't know sh*t about how to get a good read.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i'm pretty sure a guy w/ a-7, 5-5 would look very different from a guy w/ 10-10 live. i bet your sunglasses also have uv protection so you can rip into your opponent's soul and stare the 10-10 outta him.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
some ppl need to fix their sarcasm detectors.

[/ QUOTE ]