Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Forgive me for asking, but...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the middle of a huge (200 BB) downswing, the biggest of my life

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've been playing for a substantial period of time you can consider that either lucky or an achievement on your part. I wouldn't get too depressed about it.

Hand one's an easy re-raise. You'll see a Q here majority of the time. If you get capped gnash your teeth together and call. On hand two you just call down and hand him some rope.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:49 AM

For those who 3-bet river in hand 1, don't you think a LAG would have raised the flop or turn w/a Q? loose/tight-passives are the ones who worry about kicker not being good enough on this board, not LAGs. I think the raise is a bluff a majority of the time, with the other times it being the case 9, so I just call here, since he's folding all his bluffs to a 3-bet and obviously capping quads.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:16 AM

What you say itsd all true. But the bottom line is only a 9 or QQ beats you. Loose agressive players will raise with a wide variety on the river so the percentage is wioth you that your good. And yeah could be bluffing but he may try another rebluff, or he may have a little somthing and call you out of curiousity now.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hand 1, easy raise.

hand 2, call and consider raising the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hand 1 you do mean easy 3 bet, right? Do you call if capped?

Hand 2 a river raises is something I wouldnt have thought about, i'm assuming you fold to a 3 bet...

lf

[/ QUOTE ]
never fold hand 1 no matter what.

hand 2 you will prob want to put 4 BBs on turn/river but NOT 5... if u put in 5, u will lose... so yeah, do what you gotta do.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the middle of a huge (200 BB) downswing, the biggest of my life

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've been playing for a substantial period of time you can consider that either lucky or an achievement on your part. I wouldn't get too depressed about it.

Hand one's an easy re-raise. You'll see a Q here majority of the time. If you get capped gnash your teeth together and call. On hand two you just call down and hand him some rope.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing for quite a while (about 8 years) and professionally for 4. I've never encountered so many losses to 2-5 card outs in such a short span of time/hands. I'm generally untiltable, but this has me talking to myself. I'll get over it, and I just need to make sure i'm not making any stupid mistakes on what should be easy to play hands. thanks for the encouragement.

lf
Old 11-14-2005, 05:50 AM

Hi,

Hand 1, I'd reraise. There is some chance of course that the caller has been slowplaying a 9 trying to keep the 3rd player in, but I take the risk.

Hand 2, it depends on his SD rate, but at 2.2 AF I'm calling down.

Keep your head up.

good luck.
eric
Old 11-14-2005, 06:00 AM

hand 1 i 3bet but im a sh lagtard.

hand 2 i call down but im a sh lagtard.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 raise

hand 2 raise/fold to re-raise

[/ QUOTE ]

lines that involve folding top pair for the same price as seeing showdown are bad.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:08 AM

Hand 2: U should have aggressionfactor by street, not total postflop. Will make these hands easier. Some players prefer to attack with any flopped hand on turn and got like AF 1 on flop and 4 on turn.

Im a bit surprised you play at 15/30 and never have lost more then 200BB. A 200BB dowswing happens many times each year if u play fixed holdem.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:13 AM

Sorry to hear of your struggles. How bad is the villian in hand one? If he is bad, then definately reraise the river, as he many bad players will raise you with a queen there. If he is a better player, I think a reraise is much closer, because a cap will make you unhappy(though I think you still have to call) and he is less likely to be raising a Q, after you have raised out of the SB and can bet the whole way into the field.

Hand 2 is definately a call down. He is agressive for a player at 16 VPIP, at 38, his standards have to be lower. In addition, he could be raising a worse Jack, a straight draw(though that is likely to have semibluffed on the flop), or a total bluff. And you could hit a jack. This is a definate calldown.

Good luck in getting back on track.

Jason