Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Missing Bets?

I just sat down.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 11-12-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Missing Bets?

I'd curse myself for not raising the turn or betting the river, but I don't know if this is absolutely terrible. I think a 7 and 88 play this the same way, 99 and TT from a passive player (as well as J-small, and passive players do exist, I make notes on at least one a day, if not more).

I think that checkraising the turn is a decent idea here, since you can comfortably fold to a reraise.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:46 AM

As it turned out probably. I don't think do anymore on the flop would have given you any more info. If he was on a flush draw he'd either call or cap a 3 bet. Donk betting the turn or c/r the turn might have given you more info on his hand. If he didn't show anymore aggression, it would have probably been ok to bet the river. But then the river card isn't real friendly to your hand. Overall I think a turn bet possibly would have helped you. The other option maybe is donk the river to see if he missed his draw a will let it go. So I say 1. donk turn option 2. donk river
Old 11-12-2005, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ASo I say 1. donk turn option

[/ QUOTE ]

do you fold to a turn raise?
Old 11-12-2005, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like call calling or folding to a t/r, which is I didnt donk bet. I figured even if he was on a fd or overs he'd probably bet the turn for me.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd curse myself for not raising the turn or betting the river,

[/ QUOTE ]

on the river, do you really think that of the times we get called, we are ahead more than 50% of the time?
Old 11-12-2005, 10:02 AM

In a headsup blind battle I think you need to checkraise this turn. His range of hands is much broader than any other HU situation and his willingness to call down your checkraise with a weaker hand is much greater. If he 3-bets the turn then you can let it go.

If there wasn't a flush draw on this flop I would probably just call down.

Checkraising this turn is also positive for metagame purposes. If he knows you will play aggressively HU in blind steals then he is less likely to defend. He may also give you more action in future multiway pots because he will see your turn CR with 2nd pair as LAG.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:06 AM

That's a good point, one I tend to lose sight of when we're 'obviously' ahead. I think having not bet the turn you might fold a slightly better pair but you probably won't get called when you're ahead.

So I'd still have been retroactively upset for not c/ring the turn, but I don't think betting the river is all that necessary.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like call calling or folding to a t/r, which is I didnt donk bet. I figured even if he was on a fd or overs he'd probably bet the turn for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

is he raising this turn with hands you don't beat? I can't see someone raising this turn with a flush draw or 7-weak kicker against your aggression pre-flop, on the flop and on the turn

or I could just be a bad player....
Old 11-12-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think that checkraising the turn is a decent idea here, since you can comfortably fold to a reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't usually do this, but I like this play, and think it is probably the best move.