Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-11-2005, 11:24 PM

Default I don\'t suppose i could fold this? $100NL

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB. just sat, no reads yet, loose table, though- $34 avg pot.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $13</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $103.2</font>...

Does ANYONE fold here? i thought about it... nah...

Hero calls $86.35 (All-In).

Flop: ($205.55) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Turn: ($205.55) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

River: ($205.55) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

So, we all know what he has here... i suppose i knew before i made the call... this seems to happen to me a lot. geez.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: I don\'t suppose i could fold this? $100NL

eh, against a rando I think you have to call. Although I've never played the 100NL at Stars
Old 11-12-2005, 12:42 AM

Of course you can fold! There's a button for that express purpose.

I, however, would not.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:19 AM

QQ sure but with KK the money is going in.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:35 AM

I don't usually see ppl do this w/ QQ. Much more likely either KK or AA, and you have the KK, so he's probably got the AA. Personally I don't have a problem laying it down w/ no particular reads. I personally like to wait until he has KK and I have the AA and he can't make the laydown. I've lost to many a stack w/ KK vs. someone's AA. But again, it's very dependent.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:39 AM

Against an unknown at $100 NL at PS, instant call versus a button 3 bet all-in preflop. A couple of days ago I was in a similar situation where I had KK.....villain tabled AJo. Tough break sir.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Aye, against an unknown. KK can be folded in this situation, but you really have to know that the button is a rock.

Edit: Btw, Beset, congrats on being made a mod. What forum are you modding?
Old 11-12-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Aye, against an unknown. KK can be folded in this situation, but you really have to know that the button is a rock.

Edit: Btw, Beset, congrats on being made a mod. What forum are you modding?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've folded KK a couples time preflop but the action was a little different. At least one involved a limp reraise from an UTG rock. How tight would the 3-bet AI guy have to be before you are dumping?

Felicialee is going to be out of a town a bunch over the next few months so I'll be moderating the PLO and Omaha/8 forums. Good timing as I started playing about 60/40 NLHE/Omaha variants again about 5 weeks ago.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I've folded KK a couples time preflop but the action was a little different. At least one involved a limp reraise from an UTG rock. How tight would the 3-bet AI guy have to be before you are dumping?

[/ QUOTE ]
<u>&lt;</u> 20 VPIP probably over 75+ hands. Although a more important factor is considering the hands leading up the the push, which PT really doesn't tell you. If he's been losing the whole night I'm calling, if he's slowly grinding his way up and hasn't played any big pots I'd be more inclined to fold.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:44 AM

Daniel Negraneau says he's only folded KK pre-flop once. And he was wrong about that one time. He could have been talking about tournaments, but he didn't say that. Anyway, if never folding KK is good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

I agree with the posters that say look at PT stats if you have them. Other than that, this is an insta call for me.