Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 10:16 PM

Default A9o

Villian here is 11.8/6.6/2.75 over about 60 hands. Table was tight. I think the preflop raise is pretty loose but I liked it at the time, 'nuf said. What about the rest?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 11-11-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: A9o

Nice hand. But if you're at a tight table at Party 2/4, you should seriously consider changing tables.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:20 PM

I really don't like the pf play. I don't know why you even want to be in the pot against the 11%VPIP UTG limper, since you're likely a dog even against his limping range here. To isolate him seems unwise to me.

The way it played out, I'd rather bet the turn and take a free showdown. Were you planning on calling a brick river?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:21 PM

This was my to second to last hand there. I was 8-tabling and I didn't notice how tight it had gotten.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like the pf play. I don't know why you even want to be in the pot against the 11%VPIP UTG limper, since you're likely a dog even against his limping range here. To isolate him seems unwise to me.

The way it played out, I'd rather bet the turn and take a free showdown. Were you planning on calling a brick river?

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn was nasty. It brought a flush draw through and another overcard as well as a straight draw. But I can't think of what hands my hand beat by the turn that he'd bet that flop with. I would have folded a river blank.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn was nasty. It brought a flush draw through and another overcard as well as a straight draw. But I can't think of what hands my hand beat by the turn that he'd bet that flop with. I would have folded a river blank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, looking at it again I understand your turn check. FWIW, I wouldn't expect him to lead into you on the flop with a flush draw. But there aren't very many lower pair hands that he'll limp UTG.

I still don't get the pfr though.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, looking at it again I understand your turn check. FWIW, I wouldn't expect him to lead into you on the flop with a flush draw. But there aren't very many lower pair hands that he'll limp UTG.

I still don't get the pfr though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was running over the table the whole time. When I can do that, I like to open up my hand range significantly.

EDIT: Plus, it was 8 handed. ATo is good from UTG+1.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:21 PM

Bet/fold the turn or call on the river. Your turn check is going to induce bluffs from aggressive players like this Villian.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:51 PM

ATo may be good in UTG+1 (I dont like it), but I'm pretty sure A9o is not.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:17 PM

Preflop I would have folded, but as played, I think you might as well bet the turn and take a free showdown since you managed to get it heads up. I would then fold to a raise on the turn or a bet on the river.

If the turn was not a club, I would like betting if UTG checked much better of course.

Edit added: Come to think of it, with that river card threatening a straight after the turn card that helped a straight as well as a flush draw, betting on the turn if Villian checks might be worth it if you think UTG is capable of laying down a pair of Kings here.