Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Anybody still playing WOW?

I heard it's pretty good. Does it have many weaknesses? Is there much of an online community for it?
Old 10-21-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard it's pretty good. Does it have many weaknesses? Is there much of an online community for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for playing online, since I never have.

The only weakness that I can think of is that it can easily turn into a race for technology (but isn't the case for most RTSs?). Once you get Stealth Bombers, it's pretty much game over.

My typical game is to play against 7 cpu opponents on level Easy (2nd easiest) and race myself to beat them in the fastest time. Takes around 45 minutes, and is a nice diversion from a stressful day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 03:43 PM

Wow you can beat 7 at once? That sounds like a way of saying that the AI is really horrible?
Old 10-21-2005, 03:46 PM

On the second easiest setting, yes, it is. There are five settings, and it definitely gets tougher on the next level.

When I play games like that, it's cuz I want to kick some CPU ass, not cuz I want a challenge.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:48 PM

Starcraft is the only RTS you'll need. None of that BGH crap too.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:58 PM

I got a new mask [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Old 10-21-2005, 04:04 PM

lol, that mask is ugly. I quit playing WOW a few months ago. It just got too boring and finding groups was a pain in the ass, not to mention going into MC or any instance for 3+ hours and leaving with nothing to show for it.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, that mask is ugly. I quit playing WOW a few months ago. It just got too boring and finding groups was a pain in the ass, not to mention going into MC or any instance for 3+ hours and leaving with nothing to show for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a much different game with a good guild but i'm very close to running out of things to do. It was pretty boring the last couple of months with MC on farm status (rag first try kills every time). I've completed my cenarion set, have a SoD, etc. We've started doing the newish instance after MC though (BWL) which has a lot of different style fights from the MC fights. I'm still slowly starting to play less and less though and i expect to quit sometime next month.

And yah, the mask is ugly. Not as bad as a gnome mask on a tauren though.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:16 PM

If there was a picture there I can't see it. I have most image sites blocked so only see at most half the pics people put up. And I have avatars turned off.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:22 PM

I just went for a read at different video game sellers, and realized there was nothing coming out or around that looked like it would give me that kind of joy of discovery that I felt when I first got Warcraft 2 or Age of Empires 2, or HOMM 2, where almost every little thing seemed really fun or cool -- from great units to cool sound, to a great world where even an ogre mumbling while he chopped down a tree could be funny and cool.

I need a game that creates an interesting game world. Now I'm wondering if I should try Civ 4. At least it will be different from anything I've played in a long time. I played Civ 2, but not Civ 3. I wonder if Civ 4 will drag down my machine like Civ 2 did back in the day. That game was a real resource hog. But at least the Civ games by nature are something that can stimulate your mind.