Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Something that you guys might not be doing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make that A into a K, and I'd be much more willing to consider not hating it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you weren't such a nit you would win money at poker?

edit- [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

edit again- I'd be less likely to make the play if it were a K instead of an A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why's this?

Just because you'd have douches drawing to their ace?

I don't get it...

--Dave.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking out the PStars games while the PP situation whilst waiting on the PP situation to resolve.

Opponents play reasonably well, probably something like 30/10/1.8 or so.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll do it when i haven't been looked up yet...and they still fear me. i prefer it when the board is all low cards though, or only had an ace and undercards....

my reasoning being that the relativly decent to bad shorthanded players tend to raise any ace preflop in that situation, either to open raise, or to isolate the open limper. you, as the BB clearly must have an ace then [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Checking out the PStars games while the PP situation whilst waiting on the PP situation to resolve.

Opponents play reasonably well, probably something like 30/10/1.8 or so.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll do it when i haven't been looked up yet...and they still fear me. i prefer it when the board is all low cards though, or only had an ace and undercards....

my reasoning being that the relativly decent to bad shorthanded players tend to raise any ace preflop in that situation, either to open raise, or to isolate the open limper. you, as the BB clearly must have an ace then [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner.

This reasoning may seem fairly obvious to some- it is. But what's more important here is that you are applying what you know about your opponents to hand ranges and what they do with those hand ranges. Then, you realize your opponents' plans for their hands. After that, you act with that knowledge.

The only thing problematic about this hand is the potential flush draw, because some players play their flush draws differently. That part is tough and requires a bit of feel.

The reason that I'd prefer the Ace over the King is that sometimes these 30 vpip guys limp with weird suited Kings. They'll raise any Ace. Thus it can be inferred that my hand is fairly good here. Or at least good enough 28% of the time to bet at the pot.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:27 PM

Many/most microlimit short-handed games feature players who will cheerfully open-limp with A-rag and who will overlimp with AT all the way up to AK in some cases.

Seriously, I think the flop bet is a good play (as long as you don't overdo it) when you're playing against good players who you can count on to play their hands sensibly preflop. At Party 1/2, however, it is spewage.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:38 PM

I hate this flop bet. The board is way too coordinated and there are too many high cards. I agree with Tilt. Make this board rainbow with only one high card and I love it if your table image is tight.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:40 PM

There are lots of drawing hands that could make move on you, or at least continue with their hands. I'll do that on a less coordinated board.