Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which could you do first?
Hit a single against a major league pitcher 12 15.58%
Catch a pass against an NFL defense from a wide receiver position 18 23.38%
Beat Tiger Woods in a three hole golf match 13 16.88%
Stop a penalty kick by a World Cup soccer player 26 33.77%
Win a one on one game to 5 baskets against an NBA player 8 10.39%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Patience - Q9s - Hand Quiz - Don\'t Cheat

First off, read slowly and please don't cheat.

So, polls have been owning me tonight. I've been trying to post a hand quiz for like 9 hours. I haven't eaten. I haven't peed. I haven't dropped a deuce. So, I compromised.

Here's how it's going to work, step by step:

0. READ THE READS PROVIDED.

1. Grab a piece of paper and a pen/pencil.

2. WAIT. Read the instructions SLOWLY.

3. Go to question #1. Answer it without looking ahead in the post. Write down your answer.

4. Go to question #2. Answer it without looking ahead. Write it down.

5. Continue through question #4, and THEN fill in the poll. Please don't cheat.

--- (When you see these dashes, slow down. Next question coming soon)
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
BB in this hand is super weak tight. You've seen him bet/fold hands after raising preflop. You haven't even seen him showdown a hand yet in 45 hands. You have stolen his blind 3 or 4 times during those hands. His stats so far are 9/3/3.

SB in this hand is LOOSE. He is 50/3/1 or so, and you have played one hand with him heads up earlier in the session. You had QJ on the button, you raised, he called. The flop was AKQ. You bet the flop, and you checked behind on a 7 turn. He bet the river with 78.

UTG in the hand is even looser. His VPIP is 83% and he sees ~40% of showdowns. He was the second overcaller on the river with K2 on a AQ2T6 board. The turn had been raised when the 3rd spade fell.

Here's the hand:

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero ...

<font color="blue">QUESTION #1: What do you do preflop?</font>

A: Raise. Your hand is pretty good, you have position, BB is tight and will fold, and the others are loose, bad postflop players. They will be more inclined to make bad calls if you hit, since they expect you to be betting regardless of what you have. You will be paid off handsomely postflop if you make a hand.
B: Fold. SB and UTG are going to call anyway. You won't be able to make them fold postflop ever by raising, and open limping on the button is forbidden.
C: Open limp. SB and UTG are going to call your raise anyway, and none of the 3 players left to act raise very often, but this is too much hand to fold in position against these donkeys.
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
<font color="blue">QUESTION #2: You raise preflop. Only BB folds, as expected. (6 SB) - Flop comes 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB checks, UTG checks. What do you do?</font>

A: Check. You have two overcards, backdoor flush draw and crappy backdoor straight draw. Let's see a free turn.
B: Bet. This is a good flop for us, and though they both will probably call, we can take a free turn card if we choose. There is also a slight chance we pick up the pot.
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
<font color="blue">QUESTION #3: You bet the flop. SB calls, UTG calls. (4.5 BB) - Turn comes 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks, UTG checks. What do you do?</font>

A: Check. Take the free card with 15+ outs. Betting would be better with As9s because we'd have the best hand more often.
B: Bet. We have so many outs, and they love to call. Betting this is betting for value, even on the turn.
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
<font color="blue">QUESTION #4: You check the turn. (4.5 BB) - River comes 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB bets, UTG calls. What do you do?</font>

A: Call. Any 6 makes him a straight, and he could have been slowplaying a flopped 8 or better.
B: Fold. We can not overcall this hand. We only have a pair and weak kicker on a 4-straight board.
C: Raise. He would bet a 5, a 7, or a weaker 9 here. We have UTG caught in the middle and as long as SB doesn't 3-bet, UTG will call. This is a value raise.

I have already "scored" each decision. I will not post this until later, though, because I know some people will cheat.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Patience - Q9s - Hand Quiz - Don\'t Cheat

i would fold pf here i think. you raised. elaborate.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:57 AM

Virgin poll. Right on. Jeebus knows I need the help, so here we are:

<font color="white">I raise pf, bet the flop, check the turn, bet the river... and get 3-bet or lose if this is me playing and not miles. </font>
Old 10-08-2005, 01:58 AM

c b a a. when are we going to discuss this, and please for the love of your colon go take a deuce.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:58 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

<font color="white">I raise pf, bet the flop, check the turn, bet the river... and get 3-bet or lose if this is me playing and not miles. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean <font color="white"> raise </font> the river i hope.

i stillt hink we fold this pf
Old 10-08-2005, 01:59 AM

CAAA

The only one thats even close is 2... and that isnt that close
Old 10-08-2005, 02:01 AM

actually i think 3 is the easiest. betting would be a leak against these guys.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean <font color="white"> raise </font> the river i hope.

i stillt hink we fold this pf

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. That's what I meant. And I'm not even being sneaky and editing my post to make you look silly.

The white probably isn't necessary, but: <font color="white"> I think we play well enough vs two posters and a weak tightie to see a flop, and I'd prefer to raise rather than call. Surely we have enough equity in position vs two random hands held by loose/passive players, which is how we end up most often. FWIW, Pokerstove gives us ~40.6% vs truly random, and I think they both call any 2 after posting if I'm reading the description correctly. Edit: yes, I realize that the blind loosie is the SB, not the BB. But I still think he calls pretty much any 2, and we have a bit of room to work with equity wise in any case.</font>
Old 10-08-2005, 02:09 AM

CAAC. Limp against these guys all day ever day with marginal PF equity. Take every opportunity you get to beat them up for cheap.
I'm comfortable letting super-weak tighty in with his randoms.
#4 was definitely the hard call for me.
CAAA is fine as well I think. If UTG folds, Raise for sure.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:18 AM

I personally open limp here with two super loose players in. I think we need more fold equity on the flop to make raising right. Gotta bet the flop for free card and small chance of folding everyone. Like the turn check. I raise the river with UTG padding the pot.