Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Why George W. Bush is not a Christian

Check this out:

--------------------------------------------

LONDON (AFP) - US President George W. Bush allegedly said God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, a new BBC documentary will reveal, according to details.

Bush made the claim when he met Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas and then foreign minister Nabil Shaath in June 2003, the ministers told the documentary series to be broadcast in Britain later this month.

The US leader also told them he had been ordered by God to create a Palestinian state, the ministers said.

Shaath, now the Palestinian information minister, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God.

'God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'.'

"And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq...' And I did.

"'And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God I'm gonna do it'," said Shaath.

Abbas, who was also at the meeting in the Egyptian resort of Sharm al-Sheikh, recalled how the president told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation.

"So I will get you a Palestinian state."

A BBC spokesman said the content of the programme had been put to the White House but it had refused to comment on a private conversation.

The three-part series, "Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs", charts the attempts to bring peace to the Middle East, from former US president Bill Clinton's peace talks in 1999-2000 to Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza strip.

The programme speaks to presidents and prime ministers, their generals and ministers, about what happened behind closed doors as the peace talks failed and the intifada grew.

The series is due to be screened in Britain on October 10, 17 and 24.

---------------------------------------------------

Nice to know the alleged crimminal now doubles as a false prophet, yet can't be much a suprise to those who aren't totally clueless.

Just thought I'd share.

Cheers,
SDM
Old 10-07-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Why George W. Bush is not a Christian

[ QUOTE ]

Just thought I'd share.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the o/u on how many Bush-hating posters are going to post this story over the next few days.

My gut says the line should be set at 5.5.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:22 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

Just thought I'd share.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the o/u on how many Bush-hating posters are going to post this story over the next few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the Politics forum will be spammed a bit.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:48 AM

I grew up in Texas and when I was younger it seemed like a lot of people were becoming born again Christians. As a 12 year old it sure was a major turn off. I don't know if I had ever met such a hateful group of people. I know now, that most of this didn't have anything to do with Christianity (as I did grow up in Redneckdom). I guess now I realized that not all of them are like that (I think a lot of people are very hateful, but an ideology/religion seems to make the hate more apparent.). I think a lot of the evangelical born again Christians are a very loud minority.

craig
Old 10-07-2005, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just thought I'd share.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean to say this doesn't trouble you?
Old 10-07-2005, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just thought I'd share.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I thought I was in the Politics forum when I made this response.

What the hell am I doing in here? How do I get out?
Old 10-07-2005, 06:12 AM

Just thought I'd share.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I thought I was in the Politics forum when I made this response.

What the hell am I doing in here? How do I get out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't leave, stay a while. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shaath, now the Palestinian information minister, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God.

'God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'.'

"And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq...' And I did.

"'And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God I'm gonna do it'," said Shaath.
----
Nice to know the alleged crimminal now doubles as a false prophet, yet can't be much a suprise to those who aren't totally clueless.

[/ QUOTE ]

SDM, I don't know how to say this politely, so I'll just say it. You are an idiot if you believe that crap. Why would the President of the USA ever tell the leaders of Muslim states that he is on a military mission from God? This is absolutely preposterous! And yet you buy it hook, line, and sinker. And we are supposed to respect your opinions on religion when it is obvious you'll believe anything you read so long as it conforms to what you *want* to believe? Sorry, mate, but you just proved everything I thought about your rationality on matters. And no, I'm not a Republican (or Democrat, if it matters). The level of willful ignorance necessary to believe the Palestinian info minister when he says that Bush said "God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq..." is so off the charts it is either hysterical or frightening, but more likely both. You've just been nominated to be the newest member of the SMP Flying Saucer Club -- at least you have a lot of company.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:01 AM

SDM, I don't know how to say this politely, so I'll just say it. You are an idiot if you believe that crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record I'm glad you are back, I feared we had lost you. (seriously, I'm not being sarcastic)

Why would the President of the USA ever tell the leaders of Muslim states that he is on a military mission from God?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="#666666">Because that is the language of Muhammad, the language they understand.</font> [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

This is absolutely preposterous!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="#666666">Please tell me you have a pipe in your hand and tweed jacket on as you were typing this, it fits so well together.</font> [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And yet you buy it hook, line, and sinker.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does seem consistent with the many times that W has invoked God to help with his regime, after all you don't think he wants ID side by side with Evolution in schools for nothing do you?

And we are supposed to respect your opinions on religion when it is obvious you'll believe anything you read so long as it conforms to what you *want* to believe? Sorry, mate, but you just proved everything I thought about your rationality on matters. And no, I'm not a Republican (or Democrat, if it matters).

[/ QUOTE ]

And we are supposed to respect your opinions on George W. Bush when you have stated you are in the US military?

You may be projecting your desired beliefs onto me because you know that this man potentially has your life in his hands, which must be a difficult situation on your part, knowing that not only a Christian (a religion you oppose), but one whose IQ is constantly subject to criticism (wheras you are on the verge of being Dr. Kidluckee) could mobilize you or your friends to be cannon fodder if God tells him to.

Your friend,
SDM

[i]PS - All responses written in <font color="#666666">this color</font> is me being jovial, please do not interpret it as an insult towards you.

PPS - Although you may not believe it, and I understand if you don't, but I have 0% animosity for you and I mean that.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And we are supposed to respect your opinions on George W. Bush when you have stated you are in the US military?

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me one instance where I even gave an opinion on George Bush. I haven't and won't, so save yourself the trouble looking. I am a Libertarian and you can guess for yourself what a Libertarian thinks of the current administration. In this case, however, I gave an opinion on your willingness to believe a Palestinian who states that the US is engaged in a holy war with God whispering in Bush's ear and him actually telling that to the Palestinians. It says a lot about your critical thinking capability to buy this story so easily, in my opinion. <font color="purple"> But then again, we've seen other stories [Bible] you bought so easily, haven't we? (this color is me being jovial) </font>