Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-05-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Bottom two in a big raised pot.

2/3 NL in Ocean's 11, 200 max buy-in. The table is extremely loose pre-flop - any raise gets called by anyone who limped, no limp-raising, nothing tricky, and big pots going back and forth. I've been totally card dead for over an hour, played one hand and took it down on the turn - no showdown.

UTG calls 3, I limp in UTG+1 w/ 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], MP1 limps, MP2 limps, MP3 folds, CO limps, Button limps, SB makes it 15, BB calls 15, UTG calls 15, I call, everyone else calls.

Pot: 100
Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, UTG checks, I go all-in for 190.

Comments?
Old 10-05-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Bottom two in a big raised pot.

I don't like the preflop play, even in the kind of game you describe, but pushing the flop is fine once you get there.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:46 PM

PF is ugly- your in EP in a raised pot with absolute junk. Don't understand this play.

Other than that, flop push is ok I guess. I would have preferred to put $60-$70 on the flop and push most turns. How far will they go with a lone Ace? What will they call you with that you beat?
Old 10-05-2005, 06:04 PM

Preflop is atrocious, flop play is standard. 60-70 accomplishes little more than giving an oesd a decent price. What makes this hand hard?
Old 10-05-2005, 07:02 PM

Default RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
How far will they go with a lone Ace? What will they call you with that you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop I'd normally fold given my position, obviously, but in this particular game, with that many limpers in each pot and very loose calling/raising standards, I figured I'll make an exception. The raise from the SB made it even better since everyone was just going to complete thus giving me a very well concealed hand in a huge pot.

Flop: an overpair is calling, pair + draw is probably calling, any lone Aces are folding. But I really wasn't looking to get called, just take it down. I thought about betting 100 or so, but that would've left me with 90, and calling a raise would've been really disgusting, hence I just pushed.

BB had 6,7o and checked the flopped nut straight, and obviously called. At the time, I figured I was just meant to go broke with the hand, but I begun wondering if there was any way I could've escaped besides just folding pre-flop. Judging from the responses, not really. Okay, thanks.

Kirk