Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 10-03-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Bump this thread everytime DeLay gets indicted!

Not looking good for Mr. Former House Majority Leader.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Bump this thread everytime DeLay gets indicted!

I want to bump a thread each time he's convicted.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever get a chance to do that. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 07:42 PM

Conviction... please... they couldn't convict OJ.

NEXT
Old 10-03-2005, 08:25 PM

The funniest thing I saw this weekend was Delay on Fox's Sunday news show saying that he thought this indictment was a net plus for him because he would benefit so much from the backlash against what he thought everyone would soon see was such an unfair charge. Now with two indictments, he must be convinced that he's poised to be the next president in 2008.

One more indictment and he'll claim he gets to have a threeway with Charlize Theron and Anna Kournikova. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 11:37 PM

Default The 2nd Indictment Was Actually Good News for DeLay

The first indictment will most probably be thrown out for one of two reasons.
1. The first indictment was too vague.
2. The law that Delay is accused of violating had not been enacted yet.
In a way DeLay's defense team goofed because the telegraphed their strategy for getting the first indictment thrown out by making several TV appearances. But, the first indictment was so silly I can understand their overconfidence.

Ronnie Earle must have been watching the news because he had to act quickly but he had to WAIT till the original grand jury was dismissed. In a typical Ronnie Earle counter-move he waits till a new grand jury convenes then files another charge. So Ronny Earle convene a brand new grand jury at 12 noon. In a new speed record, the 'wise' grand jury was able to review all the 'evidence' and conclude a trial for money laundering could take place BEFORE THE DAY ENDED. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] LOL !!! This can only happen in Travis county, TX ( a liberal democrat stronghold.....think San Francisco on steroids [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Republicans, keep your sense of humor about this. THIS NEW INDICTMENT WAS A SIGN OF WEAKNESS FROM EARLE. He practically conceded DeLay would defeat the first indictment. The second indictment was manufactured from the same charge. He knows he will never convict DeLay of money laundering but it accomplishes the goal of keeping DeLay fron returning to his position. This is game. Granted it is a dirty and under-handed game but only the political naive and the foaming-at-the-mouth-democrats believe these accusations.

DeLay will be found not guilty....assuming there is a trial which is a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE....IF. I don't think Ronnie Earle wants this to go to trial but he does want to drag out this process as long as he can. If the republicans are smart, they can turn the PR tables on Ronnie Earle and his democrat cronies.....

I was even shocked today when I heard a CNN legal analyst opined that Ronnie Earle's first indictment was in huge trouble and DeLay had cause to claim the second indictment was a political move by Ronnie Earle. This is NOT a misprint. Yes CNN !!!....... not Fox News.....CNN. Cheer up repubs, the second indictment was a move of desperation by Ronnie Earle. Wow....If CNN understands the real story then you know that Earle is on thin ice.

I can't decide whether to be mad or laugh at Ronnie Earle's antics. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]