Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 09:21 PM

Default What does Christianity say to do?

Please no flame replies from non-christians.

I've tried to research but can never pinpoint the matter - what does the christian religion want from me / how does it help me?

Please serious replies. Thank you.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: What does Christianity say to do?

The Christian religion is asking nothing of you. Its God asking you. Well in my view and in the view of a couple of Christians on this forum God is not asking you hes kindof already decided but i dont want to get into that right now as im kinda tired. To receive the prize of eternal life you must accept that God created you and all things. That you are a sinner. That Jesus Christ, God's only begotten son died for your sins and saved you. You also have to live it. James said that Faith with out works is dead. There is a lot of controversy over this passage however IMO, if you truly accept God you will automatically live it because of the work of the Holy Spirit in you.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:07 AM

So if I accept the beliefs in the bible then I will get "the prize of eternal life?"

I don't understand. Does christianity restrict me from killing people, smoking crack, or sex with hookers? How come when I asked "what christianity asks of me" you didn't mention these things?

Specifically, how does my life change _in regards to my actions_ after deciding to accept these beliefs?
Old 10-03-2005, 02:27 AM

The Bible spells out a great many things that Christians are and aren't supposed to do. At one point, though, Jesus boils it down to two: love God with all your heart and love others. However, when you look at all that is entailed in those two commandments, it can end up making you do (or not do) a whole lot of stuff.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:48 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
So if I accept the beliefs in the bible then I will get "the prize of eternal life?"

[/ QUOTE ]

*shakes bible*

'All signs point to yes'

Hmm.

I don't understand. Does christianity restrict me from killing people, smoking crack, or sex with hookers? How come when I asked "what christianity asks of me" you didn't mention these things?

[/ QUOTE ]

Christianity does not endorse killing or fornication.

As for drugs, the issue is debatable, but the general verse cited is in Corinthians where your body is described as the temple of the holy spirit and thus you should take care of it.

Considering the terrible effects crack has on the heart and CNS, it would seem it is not a good idea to smoke it.

Specifically, how does my life change _in regards to my actions_ after deciding to accept these beliefs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your path is your own.

Jesus said "if you love me, keep my commandments", yet ultimately the decision is yours if you follow this or not.

Although there is a "last judgement", a Christian should judge for themselves how they are doing, that conscience should assist you.