Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Luck Analyzer Tool

Anyone ever put together any kind of "luck analyzer" tool? Here's the gist of what it would do (for NL):

“In the last 100 times you’ve been in an all-in showdown, you’ve been a 53% favorite overall. So you should have won 53 of those hands, but really you only won 37. Overall you should have come away from those showdowns with 172,010 chips, but you only got 134,660”

This would help immensely when you are on a bad losing streak and your bankroll is plummeting, you could see whether it is really your fault or just a bad run of luck after the chips were in. In other words a "Tilt prevention tool".

Of course this wouldn’t cover everything, i.e. say you are heads up and you get dealt KK. You go all in and villian has AA. That was bad luck too, but would fall outside the scope of what I was saying above because it would be more difficult to quantify that.

But once all the chips are in it is just a statistics problem, I imagine it could be done with the PT database. Just wondering if anyone has ever ventured there.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Luck Analyzer Tool

You can try this. I dont think the luck factor is all that accurate though.