Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 09-19-2005, 01:11 AM

Default A couple hands from the BB late in the Party 500k vs. the chip leader

Final two tables of the 500k at Party. So so many stallers that the blinds are pretty huge (avg. stack ~10bb). The chip leader has been pretty agressive, raising a couple of times a round and has folded a couple times to large reraises. Only hand he's shown he reraised someone with AA and lost to A8...despite that, still has a ton of chips and has continued to play aggressively. For those who like Poker Tracker reads, chip leader is 29VPIP 22PFR through ~100 hands. On to the hands:

Hand 1:
Table is 8 handed, blinds are 15k/30k. Hero is in the big blind with just over 200k (before posting. This is about average). Chip leader (700k+) raises 3rd to act to 75k (standard raise). Folded to hero with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Push, stop and go or fold?

Hand 2.
Nothing much has happened since the last hand, I've pushed a couple times and bought the blinds and have folded my blinds to raises. I still have just over 200k (before posting, avg. is about 260k) but the blinds are now 20k/40k and the table is now 7 handed. There are a couple stacks shorter than me and a slight pay increase for 13th. Couple folds and the big stack (now 800k+, same player from the last hand) raises to 100k. Folded to me in the big blind with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Push, stop and go or fold?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 09-19-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: A couple hands from the BB late in the Party 500k vs. the chip leader

When he raises third to act, I fold both. I like him to be the CO or button before I make a resteal (though if I had KJ in the second hand I'd still push for value.)
Old 09-19-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Re: A couple hands from the BB late in the Party 500k vs. the chip leader

The problem with these, aside from the position of the chip leader, is you really don't have enough chips for any folding equity.

The first hand might be an OK push, since your hand is fairly strong and you have pot odds and maybe some folding equity.

You are too short stacked for a resteal. You should be thinking of stealing yourself a lot. Call or raise the chip leader when you think you are ahead of him.