Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 09-18-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Muslim Women\'s Fate

When Christians argue among themselves about whether non Christians can be saved, even those who argue in the affirmative, usually speak only of exceptional cases. Babies, tribesman of New Guinea, mentally incompetants, technically oriented scientists, or extremely unselfish practitioners of other religions. The numbers of these people is small and everybody else is expected to seek out, and accept Jesus.

But what about the three hundred million or so females in the Muslim countries of the Middle East and elsewhere? They are expected to smuggle a bible into their house and read it after her husband goes to sleep? Or learn Christianity in high school? Yeah right. So what happens to them?
Old 09-18-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Muslim Women\'s Fate

I believe the Catholic doctrine asks what they would have done had they been exposed to the Truth.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the Catholic doctrine asks what they would have done had they been exposed to the Truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, they are doomed. At least if Catholicism is
correct.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:02 PM

a friend once offered the response to a similar question (this one dealing with children brought up as a member of a different religion) saying that an omnipotent God knows whether or not a persons soul would have accepted jesus had it been given the chance

...i sincerely doubt most Muslim women would, however, even considering the crappy deal they got with their own religion(a little off subject [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 09-18-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
an omnipotent God knows whether or not a persons soul would have accepted jesus had it been given the chance

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he'd know that about everybody before they were even born, so what's the point of having his creatures live on earth? If its to test their free will, then it doesn't make sense that billions of his people will never have the real chance to use that will an yway so he'll just "use his omnipotence" to judge their will. Such an argument shows the serious flaws in the theory that life on earth is a test for the afterlife or meant for us to serve god when most will never even know of him.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
an omnipotent God knows whether or not a persons soul would have accepted jesus had it been given the chance

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he'd know that about everybody before they were even born, so what's the point of having his creatures live on earth? If its to test their free will, then it doesn't make sense that billions of his people will never have the real chance to use that will an yway so he'll just "use his omnipotence" to judge their will. Such an argument shows the serious flaws in the theory that life on earth is a test for the afterlife or meant for us to serve god when most will never even know of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with ur statement. in my mind, it is just a way of concocting an explaination for a flaw in christianity that cannot be explained away (because it isn't true), but the answer that is most often given(in my experience(which i may add is not much, i'm ony 18)), is that one. It's not very settling to anyone i know to think that there's no way that anyone not given the chance to accept Christ, will be "left out" by God, so it therefor must be explained

"if this post turns out strange, i appologize, it's one of my first post and i'm trying to figure out how this QUOTE thing works"
Old 09-19-2005, 12:23 AM

Why don't all you Jesus freaks just admit that your religion and entire belief system is goofy as hell so Sklansky can have finally rest and have some peace?
Old 09-19-2005, 12:30 AM

i hope ur not calling me a Jesus freak, i'm a Keynesian and a Naderian and a Jon Stewartian, but sure as hell no Jesus freak (oh yeah and a Michio Kaku..ian)

(for the record i'm sure that Jesus was a good guy)

-I emphasize GUY
Old 09-19-2005, 12:40 AM

I believe that the Church's position would be (although there are certainly many different beliefs within the Catholic church) that they, just like unborn infants who never had an opportunity to be exposed to Christianity, would be left to the mercy of an omnipotent God. Granted, it's kind of a copout answer, but it sounds like a resounding "We don't know."

Just to add, I think that this would fall into some things discussed in Acts of the apostles in which Paul (I think, someone could correct me) states that strict adherence to Church doctrine is not necessary for salvation, because many Old Testament figures such as Abraham did not have access to any religious doctrine (e.g. The Ten Commandments) but it would be ridiculous to say that they could not have been saved because they did not know this doctrine.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But what about the three hundred million or so females in the Muslim countries of the Middle East and elsewhere? They are expected to smuggle a bible into their house and read it after her husband goes to sleep? Or learn Christianity in high school? Yeah right. So what happens to them?

[/ QUOTE ]

The ones who have accepted the baby Jesus will be saved, and the ones who have not will end up in hell with you.