Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Don\'t get mad, get even(A lesson for those of you who berate the fish)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is what's holding a lot of you guys back...

[/ QUOTE ]

From a NL50 player? You gotta be friggin kidding me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much ego? Sorry, I know I play for pennies, it's all my bankroll supports right now. But I'm winning. Go look at the posts in the psychology forum. Posts every day about people that can't deal with taking beats and don't react to it correctly.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Don\'t get mad, get even(A lesson for those of you who berate the fish)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is what's holding a lot of you guys back...

[/ QUOTE ]

From a NL50 player? You gotta be friggin kidding me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically, you're berating the player that you(and only you) believes to be a fish in a thread about why you shouldn't berate fish.

Limit of play has very little to do with skill. I would think that a player who has moved up through the ranks of each limit(as you presumably have) would know this.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:13 PM

Let's see you be gracious if he stacks you off on the second hand by spiking an eight if you hadn't improved as well. I almost never say a word the first time a player draws out on me, but sometimes the same guy who is a big dog three times in a row beats me every time. Very hard to keep quiet at this point. (Although its the right thing to do of course.)
Old 09-05-2005, 11:36 PM

I don't think he's a fish, nor did i ever state that. Actually, I respect the OPs point, and I in fact only play 1 level above, at the 100s, hoping to go to 200s w/n weeks now. I just thought it sounded like a bit too much...
Old 09-05-2005, 11:42 PM

I actually had an intersting occassion very recently while 4 tabling. I got dealt AA on two talbes simultaneously, and got it all in after the flop on both tables. One against KK, the other 22(don't ask). Within 2 seconds, they each rivered a set. The odds for that happening at the same time at two tables is somewhere around the magnitude of 10:10000.

I reloaded and laughed both off. Both players then started typing in there respective defenses. Although the KK was more than appropriate, his reasoning was pretty donkish. 22 was, needless to say, retarded. I treated both in the same manner you did (nh, blah blah, I understand). I doubled through both of them within 30 minutes and they were both broke within an hour.

-JOTR