Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 08-15-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: continuing 300 Bb thread

[ QUOTE ]
I have NEVER lost 50 BB in a session. If I lose near 40BB, I know something is really bad, and by that time, it's my judgement. I'm out the door and at the bar. Usually 3 racks is my limit in a 4-8 chip game.

8K in an 80-160 game is a lot to lose. This is a bad week to lose that kind of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have lost 100BB in 100 hands I think. The fact that you have never lost 50BB in one session is amazing.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Abdul used to talk about the fish schooling together, each "wrong" cold-call becoming less and less wrong as one more player joins the fun. There are only two choices in a game: continue to play or stop so it would be a shame not to
at least consider one of the options "just" because you're stuck. Even the fish play better against you when you're stuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. One of the things I've learned over the last year is to realize when my table image has become poor and I get up.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't you just change the way you play if your table images changes?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I'm running bad, and big hands are getting cracked, and people are sucking out on me, and I'm already playing quite tight, what changes would you like to see me make?

perhaps I should start playing crap like my opponents? or start calling 2 cold with all sorts of suited cheese?

-Scott
Old 08-16-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have NEVER lost 50 BB in a session. If I lose near 40BB, I know something is really bad, and by that time, it's my judgement. I'm out the door and at the bar. Usually 3 racks is my limit in a 4-8 chip game.

8K in an 80-160 game is a lot to lose. This is a bad week to lose that kind of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have come back from 100bb lossing sessions when the game is great. I once lost 6k in the commerce 40-80. I have won 7k in that game. I have lost over 50 bb in a live session more than 5 times. I have played over 600k hands online sh multi table and have lost 300bb twice. I don't feel I played much differnt and my stats did not change except lower won at showdown or most of my big hands lost in the blinds. I play long sessions. My win rate might not be as high as some but the volume more than makes up for this.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Abdul used to talk about the fish schooling together, each "wrong" cold-call becoming less and less wrong as one more player joins the fun. There are only two choices in a game: continue to play or stop so it would be a shame not to
at least consider one of the options "just" because you're stuck. Even the fish play better against you when you're stuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. One of the things I've learned over the last year is to realize when my table image has become poor and I get up.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't you just change the way you play if your table images changes?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I'm running bad, and big hands are getting cracked, and people are sucking out on me, and I'm already playing quite tight, what changes would you like to see me make?

perhaps I should start playing crap like my opponents? or start calling 2 cold with all sorts of suited cheese?

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you leave a game when they are playing as you describe?

Sounds like your image doesn't mean squat to them.