Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Hm.

Oh man. CO sucks so hard in this hand. His stats are 50/8 with 0.00,0.25,3.00 af factors street by street. 71.43 WTSD. I trust these stats.

Saw him limp UTG with Q9 and then call flop and turn with QJT5 board, river check he bet, checkraise he call.

He also called down with MP with A on board against 3 opponents.

UTG is like the same opponent. Except he always folds on the river. His WTSD is 20. But other than that, he plays identically to CO.

This might be a little loose of a limp, but both SB and BB hadn't raised in two orbits and everyone really sucked. Hard.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

I just called the turn donkbet because a) I didn't want to get 3-bet when I had outs and b) I sorta wanted him to keep bluffing if he was doing so and c) I didn't want to get 3-bet if he had the best hand.

Don't be afraid of responding because of the limit. Limits don't really matter.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Hm.

If the two limpers are as loose and bad as you say they are I think I'd raise preflop. Not sure if that's correct, but I'd do it FWIW.

After that I'd say it looks good. I'm tempted to raise the turn cause if we are behind we have a lot of outs against two pair, or a slowplayed set. Not sure if facing UTG with two cold would be a good or a bad thing.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If the two limpers are as loose and bad as you say they are I think I'd raise preflop. Not sure if that's correct, but I'd do it FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm tempted to raise the turn cause if we are behind we have a lot of outs against two pair, or a slowplayed set.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make sense to me.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:35 PM

The hand just seems really confusing to me, so my thoughts are probably all screwed up though. Good job on getting me to think.

Do you think your pair of queens is ahead on the turn?

Also my second statement doesn't make sense to me either now. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:41 PM

I was thinking as I read this that..

[ QUOTE ]
His stats are 50/8 with 0.00,0.25,3.00 af factors street by street

[/ QUOTE ]

...meant that this guy LOVES to get tricky and CR the end. Then I saw...

[ QUOTE ]
River: (8.50 BB) 6 (3 players)
UTG checks, CO checks

[/ QUOTE ]

...and was thinking "CHECKRAISE! CHECKRAISE!"

I think you should have trusted your reads, and just checked the river for the same reasons why you didn't raise the turn.

Other than that, I think you played this hand beautifully. I would have entered this pot, too. Not loose at all.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This might be a little loose of a limp

[/ QUOTE ]

My first thought is you are way too tight. I would raise this preflop and limp with tons of trash given your reads.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-29-2005, 02:44 PM

preflop is standard.

in truth, i probably would have either raised the turn or checked behind on the river- either we have him beat on the turn and it's worth a reraise or we don't (straight, 2pr) and this is just a doofus check.

i guess it's pretty tough to put him on a hand based on stats, but are his stats indicative of his bluffing nature? why would he lead into you on a J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?
Old 07-29-2005, 02:48 PM

I like that you just called preflop here. You already have the button and you have a decent hand especially against these loose players. Your hand isn't really strong enough to punish them yet.

I also like the rest of the hand. Just calling the turn makes sense because of the straight outs you picked up.

The check/raise sucks but I think you have to call it especially since there's a good chance he'd do this with a missed draw given his aggression on the river.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...meant that this guy LOVES to get tricky and CR the end. Then I saw...

...and was thinking "CHECKRAISE! CHECKRAISE!"

I think you should have trusted your reads, and just checked the river for the same reasons why you didn't raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great point.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:07 PM

This looks like an obvious 3bet, fold to cap...Actually, I play this the same way, sometimes im raising this PF, sometimes im limping. Flop is standard. The turn is the only part that bothers me. Given the AF provided, I highly doubt either of these goons is gonna 3bet you unless they have the nuts. Personally I like the 3bet, but your reasoning against a 3bet makes sense. River is fine, theres no way I'm letting this get checked through...if the douche made a play on you, big deal