Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Televised Poker Is 100% Rigged!?!?!?

You know, this post is 100% correct!!! In TV poker you only see the really cool hands...I don't think they would get as many people watching if they showed them all. And, with all the different shows now, you can the see many different ways in which they rig them as well as the differences in the rigging. That one show where the guy caught runner-runner 7s with like 3 people left to win a huge pot was brilliant. Added excitement and drama you just can't get with a simple flush or str8 draw [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Personally, the coolest thing I ever saw on TV to date was the finals of the Scrabble Championship on ESPN (ESPN 2 I think). That was a blast!!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Virus detected in above link....

So IE users are getting this and firefox users are not?

I use firefox and haven't had a problem.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Televised Poker Is 100% Rigged!?!?!?

Yes I too believe that televised poker is rigged. I also believe the outcomes of the Super Bowl and Kentucky Derby are secretly determined before hand by the Masons. I also believe the PGA is controlled by the mafia, the moon landings were fake, Dick Clark is a robot and the evening news isn't real either.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I clicked too soon. It is indeed a Trojan.

From Symantic AntiVirus after following that link:

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Threat Found!
Threat: Trojan Horse
File: XXX
Computer: XXX
User: XXX
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if this has something to do with some people having the latest critical updates, which browser they are using, virus software, etc.

I've seen the file name you gave, but what is the actual name of the Trojan according to Symantec?

It seems to me like this might be an issue of the browser trying to keep itself on top of all the other windows, which is exactly what that flash does. Possibly Symantec anti-virus overreacts to this? Has anyone out there who isn't running Symantec received a virus warning?

I have a lot of protection running (all updated), and I've seen nothing. Then again, I'm also using Firefox.
If someone could track down the actual name of this alleged trojan, it would make things a bit easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really wondering also if this "you1" file is really a trojan, or just your typical internet cookie. I can't believe that a site as big and reputable as albinoblacksheep would be putting trojans on people's computers. Like I mentioned in another post, there have been several other posts on 2+2 linking to various other pages on albinoblacksheep, including the infamous flash movie about how to correctly use an internet message board.

Edit: I also didn't get the file, but I don't use IE either, I use Avant Browser.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:10 AM

I use the AVG Free Anti-Virus Edition (and IE) and received an instant warning that the page included "Trojan Horse JS/NoClose", which it had moved to the AVG Virus Vault.