Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 04:29 AM

Default My one interesting hand from last night

20/40 at the mirage, game had been 10-handed but people were in the bathroom or eating and at the time it was 6-handed. Game was extremly passive with postflop raises garnering lots of respect. There were no tricky players at the table.

I raise UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], button and cuttoff cold call and the big blind comes along as well. 9 small bets.

flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Big blind bets I raise cutoff folds button calls two cold, big blind three bets I just call as does the button. 7.5 Big bets.

Turn is the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Big blind checks I check Cutoff bets big blind check raises and it is two bets to me.

What is my plan for the rest of the hand? I know my play seems weak-tight but this was not an aggressive shorthanded 10/20 game online, people to this point had exactly what they were representing.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: My one interesting hand from last night

[ QUOTE ]

What is my plan for the rest of the hand? I know my play seems weak-tight but this was not an aggressive shorthanded 10/20 game online, people to this point had exactly what they were representing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've never encountered that kind of game But, if people had exactly what they were representing, seems like someone was representing a flush on the turn. So, the question seems to be is it worth drawing for 2 bets to a king high flush. Given your read of the table, I think a fold would be called for, but I'd have a heck of a hard time making that fold.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:30 AM

I agree, I think a fold is in order. Both of your opponents are showing a ton on strength, so unless there is collusion and your reads are completely off, you are probably drawing dead unless they both have trips right now and then you are drawing to a King.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:50 AM

Cap the flop.

You need to bet the turn when it's checked to you. Checking here is horrible.

I'm not folding here. Cutoff could bet anything in this spot since the BB and yourself checked it to him. The BB's play is very odd. He 3-bets the flop then tries for a CR on the turn when a scare card hits? Hummmmm. Weird. I can't say I can put him on a hand here so I'm calling 2 and calling any river.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking here is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree My play seems very strange and your line is exactly how I would play this online when I was multitabling. But when the cutoff called two cold on the flop I was 90% sure that he was on a flush draw and I think leading into him would be very foolish.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't say I can put him on a hand here so I'm calling 2 and calling any river.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the hand this is what I did. The cutoff had a jack high flush, and didn't make it three bets, and only called on the river. The guy in the big blind had a set.