Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 04:48 PM

Default WSoP ME Hand

This hand occured half way through Level 2 with blinds at 50 - 100.

A VERY loose aggro girl who was been playing 40-50% of the pots is the villan in this hand. Her standard play was to call (a limp or a raise) preflop, call a flop bet and then raise the turn. Every time she had position on her opponent and did this play, her opponent folded.

She has only shown a hand down twice. Both times she was out of of position. Once she bet the turn and river after it was checked through on the flop and she showed K high. The other time the same thing and she showed top set.

She had built up her stack to 16,000 or so by getting a lot of the tighties at my table to lay down their hands. I think my image is pretty tight as I have played only a few pots, but I have not showed down a hand yet.

I have about 10,000 to start this hand.

She calls the big blind of 100 in first position. Folded to me and I raise with AK suited to 500. Folded back to her and she calls. I know she has two cards now. Pot is 1,150.

The flop is A86 rainbow. She checks and I bet 900. She calls after saying "900?". (She is also from Denmark) Pot is now 2,950.

Turn is a K completing rainbow. She checks again and I bet 1,500. She fiddles with her chips for a little while and raises 2,500 more. I have about 7,100 left and the pot is now 8,450.

What is your play from here on out?

-Phil
Old 07-20-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: WSoP ME Hand

Mull over it and toss your chips in dejectedly so she'll push in on the river [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2005, 04:52 PM

I think a push is fine here. There aren't many draws on the board, and if you call you will half your stack committed. If she knows anything, she will know something is fishy. POOSH!
Old 07-20-2005, 04:52 PM

call, and call the river bet that's coming.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-20-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-20-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think a push sucks. She's not folding a set, but may, may fold a weaker 2-pair if you push.

If she pushes the river, I'd hate it, but probably call.

I actually kind of like checking through the turn as well. I guess that's on my mind as I've been reading HOH vol. 2, but this certainly looks like a situation where there aren't any apparent draws, and checking through is going to very, very likely result in a river bet from her, regardless of what falls. Might have been another way to play it.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually kind of like checking through the turn as well. I guess that's on my mind as I've been reading HOH vol. 2, but this certainly looks like a situation where there aren't any apparent draws, and checking through is going to very, very likely result in a river bet from her, regardless of what falls. Might have been another way to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against anyone else at the table that is how I would have played it, but against her, I thought getting more money in the pot was the best line.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like how lloyd phrased it
Old 07-20-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against anyone else at the table that is how I would have played it, but against her, I thought getting more money in the pot was the best line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, if she'll call you with a weak ace, then I agree.