Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 01:26 AM

Default What am I doing?

Guy with $500 at the $100 party table is crazy raising in every hand, saying he is "rich biatch" and that he can do that all night.

I get smart and call in MP with AKo and $125, he was in small blind with god knows what.

He makes it $20 to go, idiot on tilt in the middle smooth calls and I FAIL TO PUSH ALL IN.

What the hell am I doing?

I should quit poker.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: What am I doing?

[ QUOTE ]
Guy with $500 at the $100 party table is crazy raising in every hand, saying he is "rich biatch" and that he can do that all night.

I get smart and call in MP with AKo and $125, he was in small blind with god knows what.

He makes it $20 to go, idiot on tilt in the middle smooth calls and I FAIL TO PUSH ALL IN.

I should quit poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had the exact same situation. I called with the AK. Hit top pair, top kicker and lost my stack to the moron's A9 which hit top two on the flop. Let's both quit.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:29 AM

need to change your location.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I should quit poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had the exact same situation. I called with the AK. Hit top pair, top kicker and lost my stack to the moron's A9 which hit top two on the flop. Let's both quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either knowning you can win 40BB for free or going in with a HUGE overlay against a donk with a FAR inferior hand aind still failing to do so is much worse than sacking up and just losing due to luck.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I should quit poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either knowning you can win 40BB for free or going in with a HUGE overlay against a donk with a FAR inferior hand aind still failing to do so is much worse than sacking up and just losing due to luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I understand your point, but in my hand because of my weak preflop play I let him hit his 2 pair on the flop and then put in a lot more cash when I was behind. When I could have played more aggro preflop and either taken down a nice sized pot with no risk or gotten it all-in preflop against a hand that I highly suspected I was dominating. It's the same situation, no? I'm pretty sure I played it like a moron.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Update

I just smooth called in LP with AA and he pushed all in. I called and won my $150 that way. IF I had lost, I would have quit poker

for at least a week.

To detail another giant mistake I made, I limp reraised my JJ to $35 preflop, and got the maniac to call. Then on an A high flop, I open pushed for less than the pot. Cost myself another $75 in potential profit there, since he is NOT folding an ace.

I play bad.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Update

See, sometimes good guys do finish first. NH.