Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: my one interesting hand from tonight

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: 7 BB bets out again and now I "know" I am behind either his flush, two pair, or straight. So what do I do well raise of course. I am going to leave it there please let me know your thoughts on the turn. I have some thoughts on why I did it but I want to hear what everyone else has to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

First - interesting hand. I've still got a LOT to learn so seeing the raise on the turn was a nice lesson for me.

I am curious though... the quote above is from your original post and in your last post you state that a brick hit the river and you still called. Can you elaborate on why you'd toss in that last bet?

thanks,
thisho
Old 07-08-2005, 07:14 PM

In poker there are no absolutes and when I said I "know" he had me beat I meant there was a 90% chance that he had me beat on the turn. You can never be 100% sure that you are beat. On the river there were 20.5 big bets in the pot. To show a profit I have to be over 95% sure that I am behind and NOBODY is ever that confident unless they have played with someone for a very along time. Making laydowns like this in large pots is one of the worst things you can do in poker.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I said it's up to your instincts on what decision to make.

Mechanically, yes, raise is probably the best play with any hand. And this is Low Limit, So you're DEFINENTLY not folding this hand.

You stated you had some doubt you were ahead though.

Everytime I go against my instincts and reads, I lose..

"Mr Instinct" is usually pretty good but they often lose out in the decision process to "Mr. Hope".

But that comes out more in an NL game than this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please stop posting advice in these forums.