Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Party 200NL tables playing like 25NL tables these days...

Is it me or does everyone notice that the 200 tables during the day are as fishy as the 25 tables used to be in the evening?

The variance is brutal but the money is goot [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Party 200NL tables playing like 25NL tables these days...

I was in a similar situation at Party when I started playing online more avidly. People going all-in with gutshots saying they were "semi-bluffing"...

If you're worried about weak players going off of weaker draws, try switching up the place you are playing at. Party Poker is the largest poker site out there. So the percentage of fish and maniacs (even at the higher limit tables) is going to be higher. I like Full Tilt Poker a lot better because the fish factor is a lot smaller. I haven't heard anyone say "but they were sooted" yet. Plus, if you are any good, you should be able to tear up the lower to mid NL tables with a good pay off. If you're real good, you should be able to play the 5/10NL tables and make some good profits. Please do note, many hands even at .50/1 and 1/2 NL tables get folded all the way to the blinds. There are a few nuts, but most players see about 30-35% of the flops.

I've been tearing up the virtual felt at FTP for only about 2 weeks at the 1/2 NL tables and I have already cashed out about $1,000. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(Sorry about the bragging)

Oh, and they have a 100% first deposit bonus (which is a GRIND to clear, i think it is $.06 per hand)
Old 06-27-2005, 06:28 PM

why would anyone be worried about opponents that shove the money in on weak draws?
Old 06-27-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would anyone be worried about opponents that shove the money in on weak draws?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because they fundamentally do not understand poker? Because they try to avoid the 'fish factor'?
Old 06-27-2005, 06:31 PM

I know that in the long run you will clean these guys out, but in the short run you could lose a hefty chunk to these guys when their bet on a one outer comes through. If I am all in with the best hand, and they suck out because they don't know any better, I am going to lose my buy-in plus all the money I already took off of them.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:33 PM

I'm also not saying that I will make more money from playing at a table of all pros, but better players are a bit more predictable and more sensible. With someone who is playing to gamble, it can be hard to put them on a hand and this could also wind up costing you.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:35 PM

You are making baby Jesus cry.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:46 PM

It's fine if they call off all of their chips with weak draws. It's another when they push first. They might have a real hand...they might not. You still need enough of a hand to call.

It's still beatable, but it can be frustrating with a lot more variance.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that in the long run you will clean these guys out, but in the short run you could lose a hefty chunk to these guys when their bet on a one outer comes through. If I am all in with the best hand, and they suck out because they don't know any better, I am going to lose my buy-in plus all the money I already took off of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if your opponent draws to a longshot (say an 11-1 for the sake of it) and 1/12 times wins your buy-in and the other 11 times you double up, which part of that makes you unhappy?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are making baby Jesus cry.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, twp, since when did you turn into a born again christian?

MAZELTOV MAN