Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Weird Limp ReRaise Hand (Party 10/20)

I've been at this table for 10 or 15 min. and have not played a hand yet. I get AsJs UTG and limp, a player who raises with a lot of marginal hands raises in MP to 65 and gets 3 callers. With my tight image I decided to reraise to 325 and the original raiser folds, but the other 3 call. WTF? Flop is AAK rainbow. Should I be happy? I kinda wanted a low flop to represent my overpair. Anyway I check and the first guy bets 300 into the $1300 pot. Not really sure what to do here, kind of an odd situation. I know not many of you would make the preflop reraise, but what would you do on the flop? All stacks are about 2k
Old 06-19-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Weird Limp ReRaise Hand (Party 10/20)

You dont say how much is in your stack, but I dont see how you can get away from it here... if this is right, you are getting over 5:1 on your call ... if you limp reraise 32 BB, get 3 callers, and flop trips with a good kicker and arent happy, you arent gonna be happy with any flop, so you should have folded preflop, otherwise, get it all in
Old 06-19-2005, 02:47 AM

haha I saw this hand go down. All I can say is wow.

I'd probably check call the flop. I cant imagine folding, the pot is too big.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You dont say how much is in your stack

[/ QUOTE ]

he said all stacks are about 2k
Old 06-19-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you limp reraise 32 BB, get 3 callers, and flop trips with a good kicker and arent happy, you arent gonna be happy with any flop, so you should have folded preflop, otherwise, get it all in

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is really oversimplifying the situation. Definitely dont fold preflop, at least call. He doesnt have a "good" kicker given the action. If they have an ace its going to be an ace queen or even ace king a lot more than some bullshit ace. He isn't hoping to see a flop, but if he does see one, a much better flop is one with some sort of draw on a rag board. This isn't a great flop, but there's too much money in the pot now.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:36 AM

Cardshark, I played you heads up about 3 or 4 months ago. My name was JanetheDrunk back then. Anyway .. this hand is a very unique situation. What do you think of a 2/3 the pot lead and be done with the hand if to any resistance? I think AKs or AQs is a pretty good possiblity here. It would seem pretty weird for any other aces to call you here. The bet by your opponent really throws me off here. Maybe he didn't believe your limp-reraise. Interesting hand ..
Old 06-19-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cardshark, I played you heads up about 3 or 4 months ago. My name was JanetheDrunk back then. Anyway .. this hand is a very unique situation. What do you think of a 2/3 the pot lead and be done with the hand if to any resistance? I think AKs or AQs is a pretty good possiblity here. It would seem pretty weird for any other aces to call you here. The bet by your opponent really throws me off here. Maybe he didn't believe your limp-reraise. Interesting hand ..

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate this. i think the money is going in here... more likely that pocket pairs called your limp reraise hoping to spike a set and stack you (once there are a couple of callers, they have odds)... then when the aces flop, perhaps they think they can take you off TT-QQ? I mean, it's possible that AK, Aq or KK are out there but i think the pot is too big to let this hand go now.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:54 AM

jesus. tough hand... i like the limpraise , but i prob would of gone 500.
as for postflop... JESUS. assuming everybody folded back to, i doubt this guy has you beat, but maybe... that bet is just wierd. def call assuming its folded to you, although i think allin is ok... im not getting away from this with only 2K and im not sure how youre supposed to get alot of money out of a loser unless he is retarded...
i have a hand that is kinda similar in a few ways that i should post.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
more likely that pocket pairs called your limp reraise hoping to spike a set and stack you

[/ QUOTE ]

It would take a helluva read for these pocket pairs to raise your lead, IMO. I just think only a hand that beats you will raise you here. I've never played a nl game higher than 600, so I may be underestimating the opponents here.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:48 PM

I would lead the flop for maybe about $700, but given that you didn't, i would falt call, try to keep the pot small and represent kings full by just calling the flop.