Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: History Channel, Breaking Vegas and Positively 5th Street

Arent the Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, and History Channels all operated by the same company? If they are it just shameless cross-promotion nothin new. However Im not positive they are run by the same company. Also the casual fan who just turned it on and hears someguy say "World Poker Tour" would probably be more interested then if he said hey TJ I watched you in "The Aruba Poker Classic". Probably just done to help relate to the casual fan. A think a bit of overreacting is going on.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:22 PM

The Discovery and Travel Channels are both owned by DCI; however, the History Channel is part of the A&E network (A joint venture of Hearst, ABC, and NBC). So it's not just a shameless crosspromotion.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:42 PM

My favorite part is where McManus calls off 2/3 of his stack on the bubble of the tournament with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] preflop because it's his "lucky hand"

Retard
Old 06-08-2005, 08:01 PM

how about all the slow rolling that was going on?
jim slow rolls his qq, then the guy slow rolls his Kxd
Old 06-08-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read Jims book and watched that horrible show and what really bothers me is that I've been relying on the history channel for all of my historical facts/info since I graduated highschool. Now there is no telling how much of it was false or made up. If they cant even get that show right when there is a book that is less than 5 years old to go by how can I ever trust them for historical facts of events that happened thousands of years ago. I feel like my whole life up to this point has been a lie.

P.S. I bet Jim's wife is pissed pissed pissed at the way they portrayed him at the strip club which is absolutely not the way it happened in the book.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK so you rely on TV for "hisotical facts/info" but have read a book about Poker...hmmmmm... whats the world coming to?!?! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]