Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Time to improve my game

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are ahead of T2, T6, and 62, so I'm confused....I think I might call here, mostly because I have a good flush redraw in case he flopped a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had 66 for the set. He was concerned about me having a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so he said what he did.

I think people are maybe underestimating the benefits of talking to people. Probably cos everyones 8 tabling they have no time. As an example I pushed on the bubble the other day and some guy is taking ages to decide what to do. Muppet to my left tells him to call. I got the hump with that and raised all in every time he was in the pot or was BB. He didn't have the bottle to do what he was telling the other guy to do and got blinded out calling me lots of rude words because I was picking on him. If you shouldn't be rude to the big stack perhaps there are advantages to making friends with him instead no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I think talking to people is underrated. For example, if I push trash and suck out on a caller in the blinds, I often say something like "sorry about that, nice call." I figure it calms them down a bit and makes them less likely to make spite calls when I start stealing from them again.