Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: How on earth do you play AA?

[ QUOTE ]
Im greatful to your answers and they say at least something. The question is still........ how do a pro do at a bog tournament? Lets say it is the WPT and they have payed $7000 to get in. Do they take a chance or do they fold with AA if someone go allin before the flop?
Ola

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you've had a run of bad luck but common...let's be serious.

There are times to fold aces post flop, but preflop if there's an all in and 7 calls infront of you stick your chips in there with aces.

Only when you have VERY few chips and doubling up wouldn't help, but waiting it out another orbit might get you a better in the money, would it be reasonable to fold aces preflop.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:56 PM

Men "the master" lost on the first day of the WSOP. He said, "I had two Aces". Unless another Ace flops and you make a set remember its only one pair. Play it differently if there are more players in the pot but even if there is only one player if the guy flops a set or trips you're toast. But if you've played it right and are going head to head with someone else you'll win most of the time and that has to be the way to play them.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:59 PM

Yeah if the flop comes 9 K K and you put your opponent on Kx then you should fold AA. Why stick it to the end and all you have to say is "how could I fold AA?"
Old 05-20-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do a pro do at a bog tournament? Lets say it is the WPT and they have payed $7000 to get in. Do they take a chance or do they fold with AA if someone go allin before the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
They call, gleefully, and they laugh at those who wouldn't.

It is true that the very best players should give up small advantages in order to pursue big advantages later. However,

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] By no stretch of the imagination is being a 4:1 favorite a small advantage. It is a huge advantage. A small advantage is being a 5:4 favorite over your opponent's range of hands.

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] If you are considering folding AA preflop, you are not one of the best players. You are not a good player. You suck, and folding AA preflop will make you even worse.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am in the same boat as you. Looking at my pokertracker stats AA is my biggest loser by far.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do not have enough hands. When you play more hands you will realize that AA is your biggest winner, and it's not even close.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How on earth do you play AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure most of the top players in the world are folding this late in tournaments.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:08 PM

AA is the best hand, it does not get any better preflop. If you can't gamble with the best possible starting hand, then what do you play?
Old 05-20-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AA is the best hand, it does not get any better preflop. If you can't gamble with the best possible starting hand, then what do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm meter broken?