Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 05-17-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Its Been a While -- 2 Hands From Tonight

Its been a while since I've posted any hands here. I've been to busy defending my Yankees in OOT. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

These 2 hands came up tonight on-line. Lately, I feel like I've been playing a little over-aggro in some spots, and I think these 2 hands are a good example. Questions and comments are appreciated. All hands are from Prima .50/1.00. There is only 1 player I have a read/notes on, and he's not in either of these hands. Table has been a little stop and go, sometimes, there's 5-6 to a flop, sometimes its getting folded to the blinds. There hasn't been much consistency overall.

Hand 1

I am UTG+1 with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG limps, I raise, MP1 folds, next 2 call, CO, button, and SB fold, BB calls, UTG now 3-bets, I cap, all call. 6 to the flop for 12BB.

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG checks, I bet, 2 players behind call as does UTG. 4 to the turn for 14BB.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

It gets checked around. 4 to the river for 14BB.

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

UTG bets, I raise, LP players fold, UTG calls.

Hand 2:

This hand was 8 handed. CO posts. I am CO-1 with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. It is folded to me and I open raise. CO folds, button folds, SB 3-bets, BB calls, I call. 3 to the flop for 10SB.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Sb bets, BB folds, I raise, SB 3-bets, I cap, he calls. 2 to the turn for 9BB

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

SB bets, I raise, SB 3-bets, I call. 2 to the river for 15BB.

River Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

He bets, I call.

Results in a few.

Joe
Old 05-17-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Its Been a While -- 2 Hands From Tonight

Hand 1: I wouldn't cap the flop as you have bad position.

Hand 2: Don't see a major problem with raising the turn, but I think a call may have been better, as you are likely up against a better K or even KK.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:41 PM

Hand 1 I just call the 3-bet PF. I'm a bit wary of a limp-capper, but also you're in great relative position to raise a favorable flop if you let UTG retain the lead preflop.

I call down starting at the turn in hand 2. What do you put him on when he calls your cap and leads the turn?
Old 05-17-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I wouldn't cap the flop as you have bad position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that I had bad position against the field, but good position against the 3-bettor. This was the spot in the hand I was concerned with.

Joe
Old 05-17-2005, 10:46 PM

You're right, I didn't notice that. However I still vote call.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call down starting at the turn in hand 2. What do you put him on when he calls your cap and leads the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought raising the turn was questionable. I thought my opponent could have a ton of hands here. A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] was a big possibility, as well as KTs (if he thought I was being a little frisky with position preflop and decided to call), KK, AA, QQ, AK. Some of which I beat, some of which I don't. I wasn't sure if raising was the right thing to do on the turn, because I closed the acton on the flop. When I got 3-bet there, I was pretty sure I was in trouble, but the pot was pretty big at that point.

Joe
Old 05-17-2005, 10:55 PM

Hand 1:
I like it, i might have bet the turn if i knew i wouldnt get reraised or cr'ed.

Hand 2: KJ is garbage. opening with it is fine, but a reraise should scream domination. i call down from flop unless i have reads.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: KJ is garbage. opening with it is fine, but a reraise should scream domination. i call down from flop unless i have reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

KJo by itself is garbage, but KJo from the CO with everyone folding behind you is a monster. Let me ask you this, what do you put the re-raiser on? If I were the SB, I might even consider 3-betting JTs here sometimes, especially if the LP raiser tended to be a little over aggro from this spot (which I usually am). Once I flop the king, why on earth would I call down from there. I've hit my hand, and I have position. If he has QQ (which is reasonable to think), he's almost dead in the water. Slowing down on a small bet street, when the raises are capped a 4 bets has to be a mistake, isn't it???

Joe
Old 05-17-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Its Been a While -- 2 Hands From Tonight -- RESULTS

I would normally wait a while longer to post these, but I have to work in the morning, so here they go. I'll put them in white so people can hold off on the results a little longer.

Hand 1:

<font color="white"> UTG has AcJc and MHWG. </font>

Hand 2:

<font color="white"> SB had TdTc for the flopped set, and MHWNG. </font>

Thanks to everyone for the responses.

Joe