Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Why I Love Absolute Poker

Table selection is important at Absolute. Occasionally you will happen upon a rock garden, but not usually.

The other cool thing about the bonuses is they release them $10 at a time, unlike Party who holds the whole thing until you've cleared all the hands....at least you get some to use to clear the rest.

I play the $1/$2 full/6max and they are pretty juicy.

The SNGs are very good, but take a LONG time. You start with T1500 and the blinds go up every 10 hands, so you are in for an hour at least.

The freerolls are pointless, stay away. The player point tournaments are very good. The multis are okay, but they take forever too. Even smallish ones take 4-6 hours at least.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I second this...not to mentiont that anytime I venture past playing 1 table at a time, the software crashes and freezes everything up...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-13-2005, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you read the big thread on Party's profits? $391 million last year. Absolute offers more bonuses than anyone here can clear and their total REVENUE isn't a third of that. The only site capable of worrying Party is Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just before Paradise Poker lost its lead, people were saying how the games at Paradise had really tightened up. I see people saying the same things about Party right now. The grinders started to leave Paradise just as they are starting to leave Party. They are going to places like Absolute or Pokerroom, and helping them achieve critical mass.

Its a fast changing industry. Three or Four years from now, who knows whats going to happen. Its possible PokerMountain might be number 1.

Stu
Old 05-13-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Just a side note about absolute

Personally, having the bonus released a little at a time makes it more likely I'll play there; I like getting my bonus quickly :-)
Old 05-13-2005, 10:00 PM

I would like to re-sign up as well to get rakeback. I understand I need to use a different e-mail address, but do I need to actually contact a customer service rep before doing this? If so, what am I supposed to give as my reason? Do you actually need to close an account, or can you just withdraw all of your money?
Old 05-15-2005, 01:02 AM

I signed up under my affiliate via his site. Absolute bobbled it along the way. The CS people said to open another account. I had followed tech non-supports directions 5x before saying screw it. Cleaning it up myself (not for everyone) and using IE with a new email (which finally fixed it - never suggested by tech non-support).