Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Why I Love Absolute Poker

Unfortunately I signed up before I knew about rakeback and now I don't think I can do it. But they give away so much $$ it may not matter. (Thoough I would have liked rakeback [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])
Old 05-12-2005, 05:39 PM

Can you get 350$ sign-up bonus PLUS 500$ Neteller bonus?
Old 05-12-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately I signed up before I knew about rakeback and now I don't think I can do it. But they give away so much $$ it may not matter. (Thoough I would have liked rakeback [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get rake back either. I signed up before it was offered. I suppose if I was going to play 1k hands a day there at some point, I'd get motivated to find a way to get rake back though.

But for now, with the number of hands I play there each month, with the bonus money, it's not a huge deal. But it could be one day I suppose.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:50 PM

I BELIEVE that the bonus deal is 35% up to $350 but if you deposit thru Neteller you can make it 50% up to $500
Old 05-12-2005, 05:50 PM

Oh ok, well, either way = [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 05:57 PM

I'd <3 it too if the software wasn't so awful.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:00 PM

And then they pitch in $50 new player bonus. So, you deposit $1000 and get $550 in bonus to work off. Before you get that cleared another bonus ($200 max) will roll around. Before you get $200 cleared another bonus($200-400 possibly 2 deposits allowed weekend bonus for $400-600 for the week). Then there will be another bonus, then another, and another, and another.

Absolute drawbacks - SLOOOOOW doggy software. Crap for TECHNICAL support. Clueless technical support. Did I mention the doggy slow annoying software? Midweek games can be hard to find. Hard to get a game above 5/10.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:04 PM

The software is SLOOOOOOOOOOW, 3 table max, not hudge selection of tables (more players will of course change that).

If I added it up correctly, there was $2500 in bonus offered last month. Rakeback is just that much more.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:06 PM

I signed up under an affiliate, but there was a mix-up with the affiliate code, which meant I didn't roll under the affiliate. This of course meant no rakeback for me. (My affiliate mentioned that the same thing was happening for about 50% of his signups.

We both tried to work with AP to get it fixed, but no luck. I played there so awhile without RB, but the more I thought about the situation, the more upset I got that they couldn't/wouldn't fix it. So, I stopped playing there for a few months.

I then got an e-mail from the VIP Promo Guy, at AP with an account specific offer. I replied that the offer was good, but I had to decline as I stopped playing at AP. I then explained the situation to him (without using the word rakeback).

He (the AP promo guy) suggested that I just create a new account under my affiliate. He agreed to close my current account and even gave me some cash (in the new account) for the AP points I earn on my old account.

Point of this long story....

It doesn't hurt to ask if it will be ok to close your account and open up a new one. Based on my experience, I'm sure they will go for it.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:07 PM

If you don't have an AP bonus to clear either a) you don't have enough BR to max the bonus or b) you have a problem with poker and need a 12 step plan. $600 a week in bonus is way too many hours playing each week.