Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Please Analyze These Hands

Help me out on these. These are 3 hands I always seem to have a hard time with.
Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (6.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

Was I right to raise pre flop? Bet the turn? I felt I had no choice but to call the river.
Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

The BB was seeing 75% of the flops and calling to the river where he would usually bet out no matter what he had. Should I have raised into the 4 flush board or just dumped the hand? Should I have just checked the turn?
Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, SB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

KQs &amp; KQos are always a tough hands for me. Should I have played this differently?
Old 05-11-2005, 03:02 AM

Default Re: Please Analyze These Hands

hand 1: i like to bet the flop. u have 2 overcards, backdoor flush draw, and gutshot straight draw. i bet here. on the river, i think u can find a fold. what can villain be betting here that you beat, besides a bluff? any jack either has you outkicked or 2paired. i dont think youre good here 1/7 of the time.

hands 2 and 3 both look pretty standard.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:09 AM

I would hate to get 3-bet in hand 2, and especially with your read, I just call it.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:32 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

HAND #1
I'd bet the flop and take a free river card if they both called. If one called, it depends on the player, but it's probably going to be a check behind hope to hit my outs.

The call on the river is close, I suspect it is slightly -EV. I'd probably still make it, because I'm a fish.

Also, that preflop raise is incredibly easy.

HAND #2
Raise preflop is good.
I would check turn and call the river.

HAND #3
is excellent. Nice job with the preflop raise.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HAND #2
Raise preflop is good.
I would check turn and call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that, but wasn't sure enough to post it.

How do we play this OOP? I have no clue...