Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 12:25 AM

Default First hand in a while, AQ UTG

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

SB ($211.95)
BB ($43.19)
UTG ($89.85)
Hero ($95)
Button ($100.3)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $3, UTG folds.

Flop: ($9.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, BB calls $9.

Turn: ($27.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($27.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, BB calls $15.

Final Pot: $57.50

Main question is on the river.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: First hand in a while, AQ UTG

Don't like it. Very few hands worse than yours are calling. I suspect he had K bad kicker? KT? KJ?

The Doc
Old 05-03-2005, 12:27 AM

Dont like the river or don't like in general?
Old 05-03-2005, 12:33 AM

River. Are you that sure he's calling down with TT-QQ?

The Doc
Old 05-03-2005, 12:35 AM

removed questions about the turn

What did you put him on when he check called the flop? Weak K? A set? 2 pair? I assume he's not calling the flop raise with 8-10. Therefore ANYTHING he calls your flop bet with is now beating you on the river except a TERRIBLY played 97, which he isn't calling a $3 raise PF with anyways, I don't think.

I guess I understand the line, check behind the ace to keep the pot small then value bet the river when checked to? I might be tainted since I saw that he called, but I'm still not sure I have the balls to value bet this.

Actually, you didn't say if villain is calling that pf/flop with A9 or A7? I don't think we have quite enough info. If villain could even possibly be in there with A9/A7 then I like this a LOT.

Edit: Or if he'll go into call down mode with QQ-TT
Old 05-03-2005, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
removed questions about the turn

What did you put him on when he check called the flop? Weak K? A set? 2 pair? I assume he's not calling the flop raise with 8-10. Therefore ANYTHING he calls your flop bet with is now beating you on the river except a TERRIBLY played 97, which he isn't calling a $3 raise PF with anyways, I don't think.

I guess I understand the line, check behind the ace to keep the pot small then value bet the river when checked to? I might be tainted since I saw that he called, but I'm still not sure I have the balls to value bet this.

Actually, you didn't say if villain is calling that pf/flop with A9 or A7? I don't think we have quite enough info. If villain could even possibly be in there with A9/A7 then I like this a LOT.

Edit: Or if he'll go into call down mode with QQ-TT

[/ QUOTE ]

Villan could definately be in this hand with A9-A7 or more or less any two cards. It's five handed, he is a donk, like most PP100 6 maxers are donks, yours truly included.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villan could definately be in this hand with A9-A7 or more or less any two cards. It's five handed, he is a donk, like most PP100 6 maxers are donks, yours truly included.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case I like the river. Seems like it will be impossible to misplay the river with that bet. Any raise you can fold, any call can be a worse hand often.

I assumed villain was good for some reason [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2005, 12:44 AM

I like this a lot. I don't think anything that beats you on the river is checking here after you've checked the turn. I bet you were called down by a worse ace.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:53 AM

riverboatking made a post last week in MHNL forum about many people betting with nothing then checking when they make a hand.

link

Were you trying to induce a river bluff by checking behind on the turn or just trying to play a small pot with a 1 pair hand?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

KoW

P.S. I like the river bet considering he checked the turn and river to you. If you bet the turn and he calls I check behind on the river.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:58 AM

Looks solid to me. I assume that you were called by 9X and further assume a quick muck to a river raise.

I think betting or checkin this turn is ok. If he hit his 5 outer, I can live with that.