Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Avert your eyes

KQ, and AA are the only hands that beat you, and you still have outs to KQ. If either of them had KQ, I think they would wait till the turn to push since there is no flush draw and they allreayd have the nuts anyway?? So I guess that leaves you up against A/A.

I just think there is too much money in this pot to fold, especially since only 2 possible holdings can beat you. I call this.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought about just letting this post drop, but in the interest of full disclosure I folded. I couldn't think of any hand UTG could have besides AA and call all that action. I figured his $5 was a weak lead and so I laid down my '1 outer'.

The turn and river bricked and the BB picked it up with AQ and UTG mucked KK. Awful.

But man, I do love Party Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think your last line should have been in your thinking. You're playing against two 'donkeys' on PARTY POKER. Obviously you can't see anything but AA, but you're still on PP.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:44 PM

Call...he likely has AK
Old 04-19-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would yu be calling...you can call this simply drawing to the FH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, of course that's my first thought. 'The math just makes sense.' But then I thought for a second more (a mistake on party) and thought, 'What the hell else could UTG have besides AA? My instincts are phenomenal! I will look into his soul and make a stellar laydown!'

[ QUOTE ]
Think your last line should have been in your thinking. You're playing against two 'donkeys' on PARTY POKER. Obviously you can't see anything but AA, but you're still on PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

So very very true.

[ QUOTE ]
Call...he likely has AK

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a slow internet connection? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As the carcas of jester lies steaming on the floor, his minimal brain mass leaking on the floor, several others stop by to give him a good, swift kick in the nuts.

You guys are beautiful. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2005, 06:58 PM

If you ever fold a hand at Party $50 thinking I just made an amazing lay down, you should cry a little bit and then wish really hard to go back in time 15 seconds.