Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Anybody want a loan?

Seems this might be a good business to get into if there are any people around who need an instant roll. What I am thinking of is lending a few people $1000 to play $22 sngs on party. This maybe for you if the following applys.

You are willing to play at least 250 sngs a month all logged onto aleo's spreadsheet.
You are willing to give me 20% of your winnings at the end of each month.
You can end this agreement at any time by paying back my $1000 with 20% of that months winnings up to that point.
You are eager to become a good sng player, you read almost everything posted on this forum and you post hands and post your opinions on other peoples hands.
I will provide advice as required ie going through some hand historys, watching you play etc.
You are OK to email me your stats for the month and I'm thinking give me access to your account at the end of every month so I can check your transaction history. If your account is only made up of the original $1000 plus any winnings this shouldn't be a problem just change your password as soon as I've checked.

Please note this is a loan so there is no downside or risk to myself apart from the fact that you could run off with my money. If even with my help and guidence you lose the $1000 you will need to pay it back. Whilst you can end the agreement immediately at any time I will give one months notice if I want my money back.
I am not going to lend money to just anyone you need to be a keen student who has already done some posting on this forum.

As an example if you achieve 10% ROI on the first months 250 sngs you will have made $550 of which you will owe me $110. I would expect that by month 2 you will be at least on 20% ROI so you will make $1100 of which I will want $220. As you can see I will be getting a lot more money out of this than if I had it in the bank. It is quite possible that nobody will want to do this in which case I have only wasted 10 minutes of my day.

I am a proven winning $55 player who is currently multitabling the $22s for a living. You obviously also get any rakeback that your affiliate gives you.

If you are interested please PM me or email byronkincaid@hotmail.com.

Justin
Old 03-11-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Anybody want a loan?

Emailed you, I need a bigger bankroll I can only afford 10+1s now cause I'm cashing out most of my winnings, this would be great and def +$ for me, and you.

Edit- Also I think you should have access to the account at all times. I'd make my password something so you could always access.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:52 AM

Bump this back up, just wondering are you doing this?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:13 PM

You are a very trusting person.
[ QUOTE ]
If even with my help and guidence you lose the $1000 you will need to pay it back.

[/ QUOTE ] That's just adorable.

I honestly hope this works out for you, but I think you're underestimating the ratio of scumbags to good underfunded players in the world.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are a very trusting person.
[ QUOTE ]
If even with my help and guidence you lose the $1000 you will need to pay it back.

[/ QUOTE ] That's just adorable.

I honestly hope this works out for you, but I think you're underestimating the ratio of scumbags to good underfunded players in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah I agree with you, you should have some sort of fidelity program or something, not sure how you'd do it :|.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:16 PM

I'm replying to your email now.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:19 PM

I am looking for a $10,000 bankroll so I can take a shot at assaulting the $109s. I am willing to pay 55% of the profits. I promise to play a minimum of 500 SNGs. If I am unable to fulfill the 500 SNGs due to a 'bad streak', I am not liable for any losses. I am a proven player on the $33s, but I'm sure I can assault the $109s with a similar results. Does this fit your profile?

For almost everyone on this forum, this whole loan thing is a joke to me. Why does anyone want backing? The objective of this forum is to learn to be a better player. I can understand mentoring. If you can't afford it, then play small stakes. IMO, playing small stakes is part of the learning curve.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking for a $10,000 bankroll so I can take a shot at assaulting the $109s. I am willing to pay 55% of the profits. I promise to play a minimum of 500 SNGs. If I am unable to fulfill the 500 SNGs due to a 'bad streak', I am not liable for any losses. I am a proven player on the $33s, but I'm sure I can assault the $109s with a similar results. Does this fit your profile?

For almost everyone on this forum, this whole loan thing is a joke to me. Why does anyone want backing? The objective of this forum is to learn to be a better player. I can understand mentoring. If you can't afford it, then play small stakes. IMO, playing small stakes is part of the learning curve.

[/ QUOTE ]Well when you are a college student like me anytime you get the bankroll to move up a level, you have expenses and have to cash most of it out, thisll help me make more money in the long run.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:39 PM

Prediction: All of this loan nonsense is going to end badly.
Do you see why?
Old 03-11-2005, 01:58 PM

I'm looking for a $1,000,000 bankroll support, so that I can move up to... er, the southern coast of France? I hear it's nice there.

citanul

I'll take bankroll help in the single thousand multiples, and scam lots and lots of people, if people are interested.

Honestly, the whole thing about being a college student so you have to cash out expenses is just garbage. Are you honestly saying that if you didn't have your $10 sngs, you wouldn't be able to pay your tuition?