Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 03-08-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: gdogtlaw21 is a cheater in the $1K PL Party games

[ QUOTE ]
I know what disconnect abuse is. My point is the villain did not gain an advantage from disconnecting in this particular case.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he did, he got to show down his straight instead of calling the additional $450 to show it down
Old 03-08-2005, 09:31 PM

hahaha, I just realized how much of an idiot I am. Ok... nothing to see here... move along. For some reason I thought a disconnect was treated like a fold... I blanked for a minute since I haven't played online in a while.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:39 PM

This is most likely cheating. Sometimes, disconnects do happen though, even while opponents are put to an expensive decision.

When this happens and it looks suspicious, I always report the table name, hand number, and offending party to alerts@partypoker.com. You should also CC alerts@empirepoker.com as the sites share ring games.

Tell them that you find the play highly suspicious. Each time they have responded to me telling me that they will review the opponent's past disconnect history to find similar events. I have had them email me back and tell me they were suspending a person's disconnect protect, so that if it happens again the person's hand is folded.

Keep reporting these types... they will eventually get caught. If a person is reported enough, they will lose their disconnect protection (personally I think their account should be banned).

J.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:48 PM

Those two email addresses both go to the exact same place.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think its good to make assumptions like this based on one hand were he did this. I will admit it does seem very suspect, but about a week ago my usually very reliable internet skipped or something and I was disconnected during a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The assumption is usually correct. About 75% of the people I report do, in fact, have patterns of disconnecting at crucial times, and their disconnect protection has been removed, Party reports back to me.

In other words, their hand gets folded next time they disconnect.

I strongly urge all players to report every instance of possible abuse and let their Party's 'pattern mappers' look for patterns of abuse.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:15 AM

Doesn't party on the higher limit tables have a no-all in protection thingie...i.e. if your diconnected and don't reconnect within the given period of time..your hand is folded.??
always thought they did,but guess not
Old 03-09-2005, 12:44 AM

There is a distinction between disconnecting and timing out.

Timing out (w.o disconnect) is always a fold.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it is if he did it on purpose...it is quite illegal to do so, i had an incident when someone did it to me on stars and i reported it as well and stars said it was in fact illegal

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I hope they called the police. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason I thought a disconnect was treated like a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy. Wouldn't that be nice? (PS has "no-disconnect" tables which I believe behave in the manner you describe.) Party lets anyone cheat anywhere until enough players complain about them.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:12 AM

I did this (reported) recently when someone timed out in a 3 way pot rather than overcall my all-in preflop bet in pot limit omaha and Party's response was that he disconnected as much as could be expected for someone with a bad Internet connection but they would warn him his account was being watched.... in their email though they actually admitted other people had complained about this player disconnecting to gain all-in protection before.

Given that people won't complain every time it happens this seems to be giving the benefit of the doubt far too much.

Rev