Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods Act I & II Tournaments

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you have to decide when they give you the coupon which of the next two Act 3s you want to use it for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was speaking to someone during an Act I who had played an Act III the previous Sunday and didn't win an entry into the main event, but did win another Act III entry, and they let him carry it over until the following Sunday (i.e., the third Act III after he won the coupon). I think the "next 2" wording is a holdover from when they only ran two Act III tourneys a week; I think what they really mean is "Any Act III within the next week".

Still, I'd ask the tournament manager when you get there to be sure.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:55 PM

These are simply the softest games ever. And by ever I really do mean EVER. The play in these satellites is so consistently awful that you just play on auto-pilot and you'll do fine. Nothing tricky. Between the WPF and the NEPC, I've played a combined 7 ACT 1s and 2s, and have only placed out of the top 3 twice. It was a little trickier during the WPF, because if you placed 2nd or 3rd in an ACT 2, you got a retry. For the NEPC, top three make it to the ACT 3. As for the ACT 3, it's a bit tougher. I ran over the field for the WPF, but I was card dead through my entire NEPC Act 3 and was busted out rather quickly when my A-10 failed to overcome the odds against pocket Jacks and pocket Aces (imagine that). As far as scheduling, they make you choose an ACT 3 within a week of your ACT 2 win, and I believe the ACT 3s are run Wednesday and Thursday at 8:00 PM, and Sunday at noon.

Out of curiosity, why would you practice your B+M play at a non-cash (vouchers only) event? Why not play some dailys or something?
Old 03-09-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity, why would you practice your B+M play at a non-cash (vouchers only) event? Why not play some dailys or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c the FW schedule is horrible and the only NL tounaments they have are at 8am or are 120+30 rebuy tourneys, which are pretty expensive if you want an insta-rebuy and a double add-on (does anyone know how expensive?)
Old 03-09-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Three reasons:

1. Foxwoods schedule for daily NL tourny's doesn't work for me
2. It's hard to find a live game for $60, even though $15 juice is a bit much
3. I would love to play in the NEPC, the gods be willing, and I certainly cannot afford to buy my way in

Thanks everyone for all the responses.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:23 PM

$150 entry + $60 insta-rebuy + $120 double AO = $330.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:46 PM

I won an ACT II for the $10 WPF ACT III. The floorman told me I could use it for any act III. But wrote on the ticket that it was supposed to be used for a particular date. I never saw it, so I went to another Act III. It took 25 minutes to straighten out, but they were gracious enough to let me enter even though I had in fact been entered, and my stack had been blinded off, in a previous ACT III.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:22 PM

So I finally got to Foxwoods to play some Act I's on Friday and Saturday, and did fairly well. I placed in the first Act I and then also in the Act II, so I am registered to play in the Act III next Friday at 9:30 p.m.

My ultimate goal for the weekend was 2 Act III entries as cheaply as possible, so on Saturday I played another Act I and bubbled off 4th. I then bought my way into an Act II and imploded with pocket J's early. Stupid, stupid...

In one of my Act I's, I was forced all in as I was short stacked. The SB called, and then told the BB that he would check down to the river if he also called. Now I know that is proper strategy, but I don't think you should be able to talk about it. The dealer said nothing, which I thought was wrong. In any case, they tripled me up, and the BB cripled himself in the process, so I let it go.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice.

John
Old 03-27-2005, 02:07 PM

The Act I & II are the easiest tournaments i have ever played in. 80% of the players are people who watch
celebrity poker and think it will be fun to play an NL tournament. So they come to foxwoods and realize they only tournaments they can play in are the ACTs. And even though there is absolutely no chance of them winning any type of money (because they would have to place in 3 or 4 tournaments to get anything) They still play.

Here is one scenario I experienced from the ACT II. The second hand I'm in the big blind with pocket kings and two callers in front of me (button and small blind). I raise all in (this is the rediculous extent you need to go to protect your big hands). The guy on the button calls (mind you this is the second hand with the first level of blinds and everyone has full stacks with next to nothing committed. He ended up having A7 offsuit and half of the people let out a chuckle and the other half thought it was a good call.

Oh, and the ACT I is even more of a joke.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In one of my Act I's, I was forced all in as I was short stacked. The SB called, and then told the BB that he would check down to the river if he also called. Now I know that is proper strategy, but I don't think you should be able to talk about it. The dealer said nothing, which I thought was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

John, this is a classic example of the ACT. Everyone knows this is proper strategy accept for these fish who need to verbally collude in order to make the correct play. Im glad you tripled up off of those morons. And you're right, they are definetly not allowed to communicate like that.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:18 PM

How soft? In the past 2 years (2 WPF and 1 NEPC) I've cashed in the Act I's 62% of the time. This year in the NEPC Act II's, I'm 2/4. This includes the 2003 Act I's where only 2 places paid.