Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Girls and Money

It's the form that banks have to send to the government everytime you have a transaction for 10k or more in cash.

Personally, I like to avoid them if possible because I don't want to send out any red flags, have anyone looking in to me, etc., and more basically because I want big brother to have as little info on me as possible.

Note: Structuring transactions to avoid CTR's is illegal, so if you don't want to get one, don't be obvious about it.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Girls and Money

[ QUOTE ]
It's the form that banks have to send to the government everytime you have a transaction for 10k or more in cash.

Personally, I like to avoid them if possible because I don't want to send out any red flags, have anyone looking in to me, etc., and more basically because I want big brother to have as little info on me as possible.

Note: Structuring transactions to avoid CTR's is illegal, so if you don't want to get one, don't be obvious about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to reiterate: CTR's really aren't anything to worry about. Laundering money in order to specifically avoid having one filed on you is something to worry about. It is a red flag that's ten times bigger than the CTR is.

If you have a CTR in vegas no one thinks twice about it...