Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

View Poll Results: Do you call raise PF after calling BB?
No 4 11.76%
Yes 30 88.24%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: What is he Thinking?

[ QUOTE ]
What was he Thinking?
You may choose only one

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-26-2005, 05:00 PM

My friend does stupid crap like that all the time at 10s and 20s, then complains that it is rigged because he had a better starting hand. Sometimes people do that to me at the 60s.

What if he was first in, and he pushes, then do you call him with top pair top kicker?
Old 12-26-2005, 05:18 PM

your sarcasm detector is probably broken. my experience w/ poker players has been w/ the real-life kind. 25-30 yrs of it. really superb players, and genuine gups and hard core sickos. never met one who was worth building a "cult of personality" around, nor one who i would believe more than 10% of what they said. you may not believe me: but, the better the player, the more clever, cunning, deceitful, and down-right dishonest i found them to be. perhaps the internet has changed human nature. you believe that?????????????????????............b
Old 12-26-2005, 05:27 PM

Interesting response...
Old 12-26-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your sarcasm detector is probably broken. my experience w/ poker players has been w/ the real-life kind. 25-30 yrs of it. really superb players, and genuine gups and hard core sickos. never met one who was worth building a "cult of personality" around, nor one who i would believe more than 10% of what they said. you may not believe me: but, the better the player, the more clever, cunning, deceitful, and down-right dishonest i found them to be. perhaps the internet has changed human nature. you believe that?????????????????????............b

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Curtains is playing hundreds of $215's very badly, making all sorts of very stupid mistakes, and then emails the hand histories of these SnG's to 2+2'ers. When they ask why Curtains did something on a hand he will give only terrible advice. All other good players play along with him. They do all that to keep the competition soft.

I knew it all along.

EDIT: and online poker is rigged too.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:06 PM

if i may re-jigger a quote a bit: "unconditional belief is the opiate of the masses"..........so believe w/ all your heart................b
Old 12-26-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i may re-jigger a quote a bit: "unconditional belief is the opiate of the masses"..........so believe w/ all your heart................b

[/ QUOTE ]

What in the hell are you talking about?

Curtains sends us his HH's...we see he's a winning player(I can 100% verify this personally) and we dissect his play.

It's not some cult following, we haven't agreed with him everytime.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:31 PM

fair enough..................what in hell is he talking about?.......let's start w/ the need to think broadly, to come to terms w/ some general observations that can be suggested from specific examples. but, perhaps you won't have the time. after all, it is a full time job defending one's svengali.........b
Old 12-26-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fair enough..................what in hell is he talking about?.......let's start w/ the need to think broadly, to come to terms w/ some general observations that can be suggested from specific examples. but, perhaps you won't have the time. after all, it is a full time job defending one's svengali.........b

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm totally lost.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:40 PM

bearly, are you a moran? the idea is that curtains sends out hand histories for others to critique his play and try to learn from it. They choose interesting hands that they would like others to discuss as well and post it as "curtains" hand so that Curtains knows his sending out hand history files is being put to good use. After a period of inactivity he will often respond with his thoughts so that others can learn. I have seen threads where Curtains learned something new and many more threads where the rest of us did. If you don't like it, don't read the threads. It is certainly making this forum a lot better as many content rich posts are coming from it.