Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

View Poll Results: What do you want done with your remains after you die ?
Other (ex: shot into space) 8 15.38%
Cremation 21 40.38%
Cyrogenic Preservation 9 17.31%
Burial 14 26.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Why has there been no repeat of 9/11?

Please provide some examples to back up this "post".

Show me why the money spent on Iraq has been wasted. I will show you people voting in free elections as proof it's not being wasted, can you counter that in any sane way?

Show me how we are "gutting the American system of true freedoms". Last I checked I can do MORE than I could do pre-9/11. But lets simply repeat what others say because we don't like Bush.

I can't believe that people equally believe that Al-Qaeda has CHOSE not to attack and that we are fighting a successful campaign. NEWSFLASH there have been NUMEROUS incidents of international, Al Qaeda sponsored terrorist attacks since 9/11. NONE in the US, whom Al Qaeda has INSISTED is thier number one enemy. To believe that the war on terror is NOT the reason they have not attacked is so incredibly ignorant that I am sickened that people who know how to spell choose to believe that it's in fact Al Qaeda's decision NOT to attack that is the reason for the lack of attacks.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Last I checked I can do MORE than I could do pre-9/11.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very interested to know what exactly you're talking about here.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:22 AM

The same reason that there wasn't a "9/11" before 9/11. Anti-american terrorists certainly existed long before that, didn't the same group try to hit the WTC and FAIL, a long time before 9/11?

I think difference between the terrorist threat and the capability of the US to protect/monitor/defend against terror attacks on our land is much greater than the general fear and hysteria makes it to be...

In poker terms "they hit a two outer on the river" and we even had enough intel availible to stop it, but the process got mucked up.

Also now the funding available for terrorists has been targeted on a worldwide basis, so that has a crippling effect on their ability to create terror.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:51 AM

Well the onus has to be on the spender to show that the project was justified, that WE gained more than it cost.

The project was sold to protect us from the many known WMDs in Iraq, from the notion that Saddam and OBL were shacked up planning the demise of America, from the uses that yellow cake from Niger was going to be used to blow up Chicago.

All these were unfounded. They were known to be unfounded by everyone (including many posters on this forum and including, IMO, the administration) yet the money was spent.

To take the one point you offer:

[ QUOTE ]
I will show you people voting in free elections as proof it's not being wasted, can you counter that in any sane way?

[/ QUOTE ]

This has no value to the American taxpayer. At least no value that has been clearly and convincingly explained.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:49 PM

what i learned from these posts:

al qaeda did it
we are not fascists or moving towards fascism
the media is biased

please answer thes q's for me:

who invented mind contolled suicide bombers?
how come the tactic divide and conquer works better than reraising with AA in late position?
how do i change my profile status on 2+2 from stranger to conspiracy theory whacko?
Old 12-26-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There were what, 8 years in between the two attacks on the WTC? I don't think that anyone should be surprised if there will be at least another 8 years before the next major terrorist attack in America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Big attacks like 9/11 take time to plan. It's only been 3 years.

Also, I'd bet the next attack will be VERY different. I doubt the terrorists will use planes. Bombs probably, airplanes no.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Smoke On The Water

[ QUOTE ]
Why has there been no repeat of 9/11?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the government hasn't needed to start another war just yet. I won't discuss it here, so keep all questions and flamings in that thread.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:20 PM

I voted other. How long was it between the Twin tower attacks - 8 years. It has only been 4 years since 9/11/2001. It takes a long time to plan a major attack. I support most of the administrations fight on terror but support very little else of the Bush agenda. I think we should establish permanent bases in Iraq and withdraw our troops out of harms way. Continue training the Iragis to defend themselves. I just don't think we should have had our troops patrolling the streets and getting picked of by snipers and IED's for the last year.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:15 PM

Location: USS George washington, Virgina, 7 months until Los Angeles

Answer: because Bush is doing a good job.

Can you imagine the additional 9/11's that would have occurred if a softer president was in power? Gosh, i shudder to think about it.