Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-21-2005, 01:46 PM

Default ($16) Blind play, rivered 3rd nuts versus an over bet

No particular reads but deductive reasoning led me to believe he had nothing.

Blinds are 50/100

Relevant Stacks:

SB with t1820
Hero in BB with t1370
and T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Folds to SB who completes, Hero checks

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, check

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, check

River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pot is 200

SB bets 300, Hero calls

FPS?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: ($16) Blind play, rivered 3rd nuts versus an over bet

the relevant read would be if you thought or didn't think he's the kind of guy who after blinds fold to him would completes SB with a EDIT: K.

so without that read, i actually might lay this down... except that it's a 16 and i think you might get that bet from anyone with a heart. it's a fine call in my book.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:07 PM

Yah, like when I don't have a read I just have this standard image of a player and what typical players are and are not capable of doing. I mean if you think about it a player is just the sum of his bets and the play at any given level can be described as the sum of all the bets/decisions made by all the players at that level and that value can be averaged to moderately describe the play of any individual player with some standard of deviation.

I figured a typical player here at the $16's is throwing out a min-bet or something at the turn with the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and on the river isn't tryiing to bet anybody out of the pot with the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and he was most likely tryiing to buy the pot hoping I didn't have a heart. I mean I have shown zero interest in this hand so what would make him think I would call that?
Old 12-21-2005, 02:14 PM

I think you played it fine. A nut FD is just as likely to lead this flop. Knowing you might have done same, he is making a pretty nice play on the river. I'd make the call. Made a little tough at this level, with your stack for sure.