Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 12-19-2005, 08:48 PM

Default PokerPlex retracts 300 played hand monthly bonus...

Hello all. I was one of many who cleared both the 300 played hand bonus AND the 250 raked hand bonus at PokerPlex, each for $50. Today I received this email.

----------------------------------------

Dear Valued Customer

We are the electronic cash services provider for Pokerplex. We wish to advise you of an error on our part in respect of your ECash account with Pokerplex.

Specifically, you were mistakenly credited with a USD Poker Promotion Bonus in the month of December in respect of a promotion that was not active at that time. As such, please be advised that we have debited your ECash account by an amount equal to the lesser of USD or the balance remaining therein. Please note that a similar crediting error may have been made to your account in the month of November, but we have determined not to correct same, as a gesture of goodwill and in consideration of your valued patronage. Please note that this correction will not impact your entitlement to the active Poker Promotion Bonus for the month of December, which Bonus is equal to USD and is awarded after the completion of 250 raked hands.

We deeply regret the error and any inconvenience it may have caused you. On behalf of ourselves and Pokerplex, please accept our sincerest apologies.

----------------------------------------

Serves me right for not cashing everything out I guess. Beware >_>
Old 12-19-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: PokerPlex retracts 300 played hand monthly bonus...

Awesome. pokerplex sucks. I don't think Party would rekove bonuses would they make a similar mistake.
Yet another reason to cashout all funds if you have completed your bonus.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:00 PM

You beat me too it.

So what are you saying, you were going to abandon their bonus every month just so you can make off with the $50 that they accidently gave you?
Old 12-19-2005, 09:15 PM

You dont think Party revokes bonuses?? They are the kings of revoking bonuses. (not to mention most of the time they dont even have a reload bonus)

The problem is eCash and the crypto sites have a business who's only real business model is they give out bonuses.

Because of that they mainly draw customers that are only there to get the bonuses (they are not their to play or just have fun like many people do on Party), so to protect their profit margin they have to walk this fine line between still giving out the bonuses (otherwise they will lose their entire customer base) but not giving out so much that they dont make money.

PokerPlex because they had one of the easist bonuses to clear was in the worst position because you could spend very little time there collect a decent bonus and then there is no real reason to play there afterwards (after all if you REALLY wanted to play on crypto, how could you not go to another site to collect yet another bonus). So they were probally not doing as well as say Carribean Sun (or whatever they want to be called now) or LittleWoods.

The Crypto sites at the beginning of this year were pretty decent but they slowly became more or less full of mostly bonus whores as the year went by. Especially once they cranked out the $1 raked hand rule since only a break even player who is playing 2/4 or better has even a shot at clearing that.

So depending on what you are talking about I would tend to agree with you, the games at Party are far more enjoyable especially if you are a good player.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:41 PM

I was referring to the case when a lot of people succesfully used account-specific codes at Party they were not eligible for and when Party realized it, they fixed that bug but never revoked any bonuses.

As for Cryptologic, yes they have/had generous promotions but I guess it's the only way to compensate for the awful software and the horrible rake schedule (up to 3 pounds if you're dumb enough).
I never thought they will be this cheap and will remove those 50 bucks.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:04 PM

Just got off the phone with Pokerplex. They are now enforcing the 250 raked hands with the rake needing to be $1 to qualify as a raked hand. Anything less is a quarter point as per other cryptos.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:15 PM

I had $1.42 in my account. They took that. I am not sure why my account is being deducted since they messed up. Oh well, I have no desire to play there again.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got off the phone with Pokerplex. They are now enforcing the 250 raked hands with the rake needing to be $1 to qualify as a raked hand. Anything less is a quarter point as per other cryptos.

[/ QUOTE ]

That means $20 pots to get a full raked hand. Bummer, because I wouldn't have wasted my time playing NL .50/1 NL there if I knew this. Out of the 300 hands i've played there only 17 were raked $1 or more and 147 were raked less than $1. That makes 53.75 raked total. So you'd have to play about 1400 hands at this level for $50. Thought it was too good to be true to have an easy bonus to clear at NL.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:28 AM

They would have to, think about it. Nobody in their right mind would of played at PokerPlex without getting that bonus. And if they got both bonuses you're talking about a situation where PokerPlex specifically isnt going to make a lot of money since everyone is going to stop playing there once they get the bonus. It's a fine line they are trying to walk....

It's not cheap, these companys are not going to be in business for much longer the way they are going. When your sole draw is giving out freebees your business is doomed to fail.

Also eCash is the one that made the mistake, they werent likely to get any money from PokerPlex for their mistake so what do you figure they are going to do?
Old 12-20-2005, 04:00 PM

PokerPlex, nice to see you automatically deducting funds from my account. While you're at it, feel free to automatically delete your program from my computer.

Luckily I only had change in my account. I probably would never have done this bonus again anyway, as it is becoming not worth my time as I move up in limits. Now that they changed the terms to make it more like Caribbean and Interpoker, I can pretty much guarantee I will never play there again. The only Crypto that isn't worthless these days is Will Hill, but even they are starting to target the bonus whores.

I would say [censored] the cryptos, let em die, but they made some nice competition for Party. Without Crypto bonuses, whores have fewer alternatives and Party can laugh in our faces.