Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 01:57 PM

Default good value at pinnacle: quake 4 finals

okay this is going to sound like a weird thing to bet on, but i feel there is a lot of value in this bet. pinnacle has a fixture up on the 'cpl quake 4 finals' which is a computer gaming tournament currently happening in texas. it's a game where you run around with rocket launchers and lightning guns and shoot people.

anyway the two expected favorites are in the finals: cooller from russia and toxic from sweden. at the moment the pinnacle fixture is for 'fox' from sweden (third place) rather than toxic, so i don't know, the wager might be cancelled. or they won't notice the error and cash them anyway, i don't know...

the odds are currently +300 for 'fox', however toxic has a much better chance than this to win. the two played in the winners bracket final and cooller won 2-1 (with scores very close on each map). one thing to consider is that the tiebreaker third map is very important, since each has their own favorite map. third map is decided by coin toss, out of the remaining two maps (from a map pool of four).

edit: i need to add in here, that toxic has to win two sets of three to win the tourney. i didn't calculate this into the original post.

i see value in betting on fox/tox for this unorthodox wager, since the two seem close in ability. i placed the maximum wager of $142, although i'm worried the bet might just be cancelled due to the name error....

you will be able to view the match at 3pm est today via webcast (http://www.tsncentral.com/) if you make a wager and care to watch.

tourney brackets at: http://brackets.thecpl.com/?eventid=17
Old 12-18-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: good value at pinnacle: quake 4 finals

You aren't worried they'll take your money no matter what happens (as fox can't possibly win)?