Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is the maximum % of income govt should take in taxes from a person?
70%+ 10 11.24%
60-70% 0 0%
50-60% 2 2.25%
40-50% 5 5.62%
30-40% 5 5.62%
20-30% 21 23.60%
10-20% 17 19.10%
<10% 29 32.58%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: How\'s your SSNL?: HR102 JJ

I like these new quizzes, for one. Hand reading is a key no-limit skill, and one that I want to work on in my own game.

The only problem I see is how you select a hand to put your opponent on. I don't normally narrow my opponent's range down to exactly one hand. In this case, I felt that AK or QQ were both possible. While this might not effect the outcome in this hand, it would be good if we could represent a range of hands for the opponent rather than one particular hand.

You could make the hand selection multiple-choice checkboxes, but then there's the problem of probability. In most cases I would think something like "there's a 60% chance he has AK and a 40% chance he has QQ," which in some cases changes your line.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: How\'s your SSNL?: HR102 JJ

I was actually Hero in this hand a few nights ago and it was probably my worst hand of the night. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Villians weak flop bet sucked me in, and convinced me that my hand was best. I took a very aggressive line instead of c/c, lead which is a better line.

Villian's hand: K9 isn't raising preflop UTG. TT and QQ shouldn't make it past the turn. KK should play it stronger on turn with a raise, or a bigger river bet. AK maybe checks behind on river, but for sure is a possible. As it turns out, villian held AA. In the actual hand, villian bet $15 on the river and I called, and so that's how I know.

Thanks for playing along.