Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 10:35 PM

Default OT: ** STTF - HUC ** Parimutuel

In the spirit of community, I will be organizing a Parimutuel for the STTF-HUC-II.

For those unfamilar and/or clueless (raptor) you will essentially be purchasing tickets as to who will WIN (1st), PLACE (1st or 2nd), or SHOW (1st, 2nd, and 3rd).

Example I:
Skipperbob purchases a $50 ticket on Lacky to win. The total amount of the WIN pool for the tournament is $5000 with $100 of that on Lacky. Skipperbob owns 1/2 of the Lacky pool so will get $2500.

Example II:
GrekeHaus purchases a $25 PLACE ticket for raptor who wins. , while 'Zen finishes 2nd. The PLACE prize pool is worth $5000 with $100 of that being on Zen and raptor. Greke would be entitled to 1/4 of the PLACE pool, or $1250.

I am not taking any vig on this, just offering a low cost way for people to participate and have fun. I would prefer to keep in $25 increments, but will be glad to accept PokerStars transfers as low as $10 (Party has a $50 minimum). . . I don't want anyone to miss out who wants to play.

PM me for transfer info, and this thread will provide up-to-date information.

Thanks, and have fun.
-Sixes

P.S.
I have run many of these for golf tournaments, so don't worry about me messing it up. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: OT: ** STTF - HUC ** Parimutuel

wtf is all this stuff? i dont get it. holla
Old 12-04-2005, 11:44 PM

example one: So if there are 3 people bidding on lacky, $50/$50/$100, then the prize pool (5000) would be split 1:1:2, correct?

Calcutta is totally different-- the person who bid $100, will win the entire prize pool, and the two people who bid $50 don't put any money into the prize pool?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:53 PM

Your example is correct, MrJ